MLB Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
God damn timestamp. Oh well. At least I didn't throw in a lame-o pun, amirite?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I hate AJ Pierzinski. I hope he takes a fastball to the lips every time he steps in the batters box.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It looks like Yu may have settled down.

Hopefully.

Cotton

Staff member
Moreland again. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 10m
When is it appropriate to begin lobbying for Mitch Moreland to be an All-Star? P.S. He's making Jurickson Profar more expendable every day.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 10m
When is it appropriate to begin lobbying for Mitch Moreland to be an All-Star? P.S. He's making Jurickson Profar more expendable every day.
Moreland is in no way making Profar expendable. Stupid.

Rev

Staff member
I hate AJ Pierzinski. I hope he takes a fastball to the lips every time he steps in the batters box.
I had the same view of him but watching and listening to him this season it seems he may have mellowed a bit.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah. Should have known it was going to turn out like that.

D

Deuce

I had the same view of him but watching and listening to him this season it seems he may have mellowed a bit.
The only people that ever like him are the fans of the team he plays for.

Rev

Staff member
The only people that ever like him are the fans of the team he plays for.
I agree but it just seems its been toned down this season.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Of course, he now plays for your team. But I hated that POS even when he played for the Twins. He maybe has changed as he's aged, but back then he was all about himself. F the team.

Rev

Staff member
Of course, he now plays for your team. But I hated that POS even when he played for the Twins. He maybe has changed as he's aged, but back then he was all about himself. F the team.
I don't get that impression at all with him now. Every interview that I have seen with have had good things to say about him and all the players mention his reputation when the reporters talk about him. Even Yu has heard about him and said he is pleased with AJ.

Its not just because he's on my team. I was hesitant about adding him. I even said as much when he was rumored to be going to Texas. I didn't even care for him as a broadcaster so I think I'm watching him close enough.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Carl Crawford has really fallen off defensively since his Tampa days.

He just butchered a fly ball to left resulting in another Braves run. Additionally, he's had some bad at bats tonight.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol the Astros are horrid.

They just lost the game because the RF and 2B ran into each other while trying to catch a routine fly ball.

I believe calling for fly balls is in the opening chapter of Tom Emanski's baseball tutorials.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
:picard

I want to laugh at how comically bad the Astros are but I actually feel a little sorry for them and their fanbase. That game should have gone to extra innings tonight but 3 guys converged on a routine pop up and it bounced off someone's glove, causing them to lose the game. They're just awful.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Nice to see JUp hit a grand slam tonight (he's on my FBB team). A lot of solo shots up to this point so his RBI total is fairly low compared to the number of HRs he has hit. Couple more 3 or 4 run dingers and that will remedy itself in a hurry.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Nice to see JUp hit a grand slam tonight (he's on my FBB team). A lot of solo shots up to this point so his RBI total is fairly low compared to the number of HRs he has hit. Couple more 3 or 4 run dingers and that will remedy itself in a hurry.
Right before he hit the HR I was thinking how nice it was for him to finally be at bat with guys in scoring position. That rarely happens with the Braves. Their 1 & 2 hitters are probably near the bottom of the league in BA and On Base Percentage.

Top Bottom