MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Now give us back the Round Rock Express, dammit.
No way. I would hate that. Its just a 50 mile trip for me to see my AAA stars.

I know it would be a big jump for him but it may not be worth working with Crane. Just wait a couple of years for Nolan to retire and get a nice cushy job with the Rangers. Then again he might not want to be blocked by Thad Levine.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
What in the hell is going on with David Price this year, Deuce? Hay fever and a reaction to the laundry detergent used on the uniforms? Lulz. Obviously those are minor issues but reduced velocity, high ERA, and now a forearm issue? You have to be a little worried at this point. The Rays are planning on cashing in big time by trading him this season/offseason, right? Still time for him to get past these issues, become David Price again, and maintain that huge trade value but you have to at least be a little nervous don't you?

Rev

Staff member
Work his trade value down so we can pick him up for Chirinos.

Rev

Staff member
Verlander and Darvish go tonight. Hope its a great game and really wished it was Saturday.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Verlander and Darvish go tonight. Hope its a great game and really wished it was Saturday.
I am stoked about this game. Sucks that you missed it by a couple of days, but it should be a fun one to watch even at home.

D

Deuce

What in the hell is going on with David Price this year, Deuce? Hay fever and a reaction to the laundry detergent used on the uniforms? Lulz. Obviously those are minor issues but reduced velocity, high ERA, and now a forearm issue? You have to be a little worried at this point. The Rays are planning on cashing in big time by trading him this season/offseason, right? Still time for him to get past these issues, become David Price again, and maintain that huge trade value but you have to at least be a little nervous don't you?
Honestly, I think it's an ego thing. He's always touting himself on twitter, doing stupid shit with his dog at the ballpark, trying to hit HR in batting practice of his off days, etc. None of those are bad things unless you're a Cy Young winner and you have a shitty start to the year. Then people start to question your focus. He's definitely furstrated though with his interaction with the Ump a week ago and the way he interviews after games right now.

I want to say this is the 2nd time we've seen this. He had a phenominal year a couple years ago and finished 2nd or 3rd in the Cy Young only to have an inconsistently crappy 1/2 year the next season. Maybe he's one of those guys that just eats the cheese and then has to be brought back down to earth to be dominant again.

Either way, I'm not worried. We will still cash in regardless of how this year goes. He's got too many great years under his young, left handed belt.

Rev

Staff member
Looks like another Japanese pitcher is going up for bid this off season. Masahiro Tanaka is supposed to be the next good one and 6 teams have been scouting him. The Rangers and Yankees are said to be the most aggressive. The Rays are even scouting him (are they going to pay with peanuts?).

Go get em JD. We will get our pitchers from the East and our hitters from the south.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I was thinking about taking my daughter tonight, but her school is taking her to tomorrow night's game.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Honestly, I think it's an ego thing. He's always touting himself on twitter, doing stupid shit with his dog at the ballpark, trying to hit HR in batting practice of his off days, etc. None of those are bad things unless you're a Cy Young winner and you have a shitty start to the year. Then people start to question your focus. He's definitely furstrated though with his interaction with the Ump a week ago and the way he interviews after games right now.

I want to say this is the 2nd time we've seen this. He had a phenominal year a couple years ago and finished 2nd or 3rd in the Cy Young only to have an inconsistently crappy 1/2 year the next season. Maybe he's one of those guys that just eats the cheese and then has to be brought back down to earth to be dominant again.

Either way, I'm not worried. We will still cash in regardless of how this year goes. He's got too many great years under his young, left handed belt.
So are you saying you don't think he's really hurt? That he's trying to make excuses for his poor start to the season?

I assume he'll get back on track at some point and you're right that the Rays will still cash in. However, the price may come down a little if he has a bad season. The only thing that would screw the Rays is if he really is having forearm trouble because sometimes that is a precursor to elbow trouble/TJ surgery. Way, way premature to assume that for Price, but that is the one thing that would obviously kill his value and the Rays ability to deal him.

D

Deuce

So are you saying you don't think he's really hurt? That he's trying to make excuses for his poor start to the season?

I assume he'll get back on track at some point and you're right that the Rays will still cash in. However, the price may come down a little if he has a bad season. The only thing that would screw the Rays is if he really is having forearm trouble because sometimes that is a precursor to elbow trouble/TJ surgery. Way, way premature to assume that for Price, but that is the one thing that would obviously kill his value and the Rays ability to deal him.
No, I don't think the injury is made up. He's never come off as a guy who would pull that. But I think his attitude is what has led to a lack of focus and preparation on his part this season. The injury may be a good thing since its relatively minor and now he can take a step back and re-evaluate how he's going about things.

Also, I'm excited for the possibilities of the spot start. Either Archer or Odorizzi will come up for it.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Looks like Reid Ryan is going to Houston. Some Astros bloggers are jokingly calling for an Occupy Round Rock protest. :lol

Rev

Staff member
Ogando to DL with biceps tendonitis. Lindblom (sp? Guy we got from philly in Young trade) to take his spot Monday.

Cotton

Staff member
Ogando to DL with biceps tendonitis. Lindblom (sp? Guy we got from philly in Young trade) to take his spot Monday.
Sheesh. Okay, we give, that's enough. No more injuries.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Sweet K on Berkman. What a bounce off the backstop.

Cotton

Staff member
2 walk-ins.

Verlander got really lucky on that mixup with his catcher. A blast here changes it all.

Cotton

Staff member
Moreland is smoking hot right now

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
Verlander who?

Top Bottom