MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
LoL. I didn't make that up but knew Yu would enjoy it.

Rev

Staff member
Scott Feldman last 5 starts - 4-0 1.27 era.

Way to rub it in Scott.

Rev

Staff member
Kills me. We sure could use him now. I think we gave used 10 different starting pitchers so far this year. Somebody with more time than they knew what to do with came up with the days lost due to injury for every major league team over the last 10 years and the major league average was 9k days. White Sox were the best with only 3k and the Rangers had lost 12k days.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kills me. We sure could use him now. I think we gave used 10 different starting pitchers so far this year. Somebody with more time than they knew what to do with came up with the days lost due to injury for every major league team over the last 10 years and the major league average was 9k days. White Sox were the best with only 3k and the Rangers had lost 12k days.
God damn. Do the Rangers have the same conditioning coach as the Cowboys?

Cotton

Staff member
He's a bad motha...

Rev

Staff member
And all of them pitchers pitches. Just an amazing hitter that can almost hit them at will.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Twins are 3 outs away from losing their 10th straight, down 6-0.

And they're doing it in style. Looks like they'll be no-hit.

:lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Guess not on the no-no.

Joe Mauer said F you, Anibal Sanchez.

I think he's racist.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Guess not on the no-no.

I think he's racist.
Darn. Still a magnificent performance.

I had Sanchez starting on my fantasy team. :fistpump

Cotton

Staff member
Guess not on the no-no.

I think he's racist.
Yeah, was a good performance, though.

Cotton

Staff member
Darn. Still a magnificent performance.

I had Sanchez starting on my fantasy team. :fistpump
All I had to to do was scroll one more post down and I wouldn't have gotten horrifically timestamped.

Cotton

Staff member
That was the weirdest play ever in the Rangers/Mariners game. Grimm intercepted a double play ball and the ump called the runner at first out.

Hard to explain but the DP was turned and the ball would have gotten the runner out at first, but Grimm was there for some crazy reason and caught the ball instead of Moreland. But, since he caught it the runner should have been safe at first, but instead was called out. :lol

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Yankeesource @YankeeSource
Who knew that on May 23, 2013, Hector Noesi would be the only player in the Montero-Pineda trade to still be in the majors. #YCPB

:unsure

Rev

Staff member
That was the weirdest play ever in the Rangers/Mariners game. Grimm intercepted a double play ball and the ump called the runner at first out.

Hard to explain but the DP was turned and the ball would have gotten the runner out at first, but Grimm was there for some crazy reason and caught the ball instead of Moreland. But, since he caught it the runner should have been safe at first, but instead was called out. :lol
Larry Stone ‏@StoneLarry
Scoring on Sucre's double play has been changed from 3-6-3 to 3-6-1, which is amusing.

I guess Grimm and Moreland touched gloves to make a chain to first base....

Rev

Staff member
“That happened so fast I didn’t realize the ump had called him out,” Grimm said. “Mitch came up to me and said, ‘Well, he called him out, so walk with me.’”

“I think that’s just more the way I walk,” he said. “I kind of wondered where it went, and then I looked up and saw Grimm there and was like, ‘Well, I guess he caught it.’ Then, I heard, ‘Out.’

“I told him to walk with me because I figured there was going to be an argument. That’s the way it works sometimes. Nobody’s perfect, especially in this game. It went our way.”

“I just started walking back to the mound like, ‘Dang it. What did I do?’” Grimm said. “They’ve got a tough job, and not many people realize how quick things happen out there."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/05...#storylink=cpy

Seattle manager Eric Wedge immediately came out to argue the ruling, but even he didn’t know what had happened on the field. Wedge told MLB.com after the game that he was arguing that Moreland pulled his foot off the bag.

:lol

They even fooled Seattles manager...

Cotton

Staff member
It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. Grimm immediately turned to start it around the horn like he was the one that had his foot on the bag. It was just really bizarre.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I like how the announcers in the Braves-Mets game is acting as if Marcum has some great stuff just because he's got 12 strikeouts.

The Braves strikeout like this against every pitcher. They probably strikeout in BP as well.

Top Bottom