Misunderstood Pitbulls attack and kill 63 yr old woman

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
My daughter is outside in the backyard, right at this moment, playing. With a pit bull in the same yard! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, but covering your daughter in steak sauce before sending her out there seems like a poor idea.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You can believe what you want, but I doubt my dog would even hurt someone if they jumped the fence.

But, you all carry on sitting up on your holier than thou pedestals judging people for having a certain dog if it makes you all feel better.

I know for a fact my pit would not intentionally hurt my kids. But, I watch any way because I'm a bit on the overprotective side. (that's how you remember it, Carp)
Holier than thou? Feh. Some just don't have the same trust in those dogs as you do and voice their opinion as such...while you do the same advocating for them...are you holier than thou by doing so?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Holier than thou? Feh. Some just don't have the same trust in those dogs as you do and voice their opinion as such...while you do the same advocating for them...are you holier than thou by doing so?
I have the same distrust. Hence why I wouldn't let my kid I the backyard alone with just any dog. It's the broad stroke comments that all pit bulls could rape a child at any given moment are the comments that I'm referring to. And, yes, they are absolutely ignorant comments. If you want to call that opinion holier than thou have at it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's funny...this topic had died down today until you brought it up again. Props.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
One of the biggest misconceptions about "pit bulls" is the idea that they are a breed. They are not. They are a loose category of dog that can include up to six breeds and a myriad of crosses. The only thing that ties them together is a similarity in head shape and some owners like to crop the ears. Trying to make a sweeping generalization about them is a waste of time. It can't possibly be true because they don't really have any shared characteristics beyond a certain "look".

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I let a couple of shots go early in the thread because I was in the process of flying home. Got home and returned volley.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I pit kills a kid and then we are supposed to be convinced that all is well.

Stupid owners!

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I only took the hook so we would have a decent pitbull thread on this version. It's starting to feel more like home now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Man Kills Pit Bull To Thwart Attack

May 21, 2013 6:15 PM

HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – A sixty-eight-year-old Hialeah man says he was forced to stab a Pit Bull mix who was attacking him and his cat inside his home because, “I could have been killed if I didn’t do it.”

Lucio Molina told CBS4’s Peter D’Oench, “That was the feeling. The dog could have killed me. Look at my hands with these cuts and bandages. He attacked me. I tried to knock him on the head. I had to stab him. That is what the police officer said. If you didn’t do that, he was going to kill you.”

“I could have been killed if I didn’t do it. I could have been killed if I didn’t defend myself,” said Molina.

Molina said the attack was unexpected. He said the pit bull mix showed up at his home Monday night at 282 East 45th Street and he thought the dog would be a friendly visitor.

“I said to my wife, Elba, we have a new neighbor. My wife said get him some water,” said Molina.

Molina said suddenly, the dog lunged at his 6-year-old cat “Gorda.” Molina said, “I call her Gorda because she is my fat kitty.”

“It was like an atomic bomb,” he said. “It was so fast, so fast. I tried to pull him out of her and I hit him with my hand.”

His wife tried to stop the attack.
“I was hitting him with a pillow,” said Elba Molina. “I started pulling him by the neck. He wouldn’t stop. I got so nervous. I couldn’t think how to react. I was trying to save the cat and my husband.”

Molina said, “I decided to look for something, to get an old knife. I had been using it for cutting in the kitchen.”

He started hitting the dog with the handle of the knife.

“When I did that,” said Molina, “he was jumping on me.”

Then he had to stab the dog a few times. It lead to a striking scene. There was blood on the floor and on the walls and even on sofa pillows.

“I’m so sorry about this,” said Molina. “I am feeling so bad because I never wanted to be involved in this type of problem. So I felt I had to kill the dog.”

Employes of Miami-Dade Animal Services were called to the home and the Pit Bull mix was taken away. Animal Services said the dog was euthanized. It’s not known who the owner was or if the dog was a stray animal. Animal Services was preparing a report on the incident.

D’Oench canvassed the neighborhood, speaking to homeowners. But no one had seen the pit bull mix before.

Molina is warning all pet owners not to let their dogs roam.

“When people have animals, they have to take care of those animals,” he said.

Molina told D’Oench that he was taking Gorda to a veterinarian because she was wounded and may have a broken bone in her left paw.
--------------

I might give this one a pass since it did attack a cat.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Every cat could disappear and I would not notice.
I hate cats, but trust me... You'd notice.

I hate snakes more than any living thing on the planet, but we'd miss them just as much.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I adore my two Manx cats.

Got an infestation of mice during the winter, went to pound and got those two, no mice to be found very quickly.

So fierce. One growled at me like a pit bull on steroids when I tried to take his dead mouse away while he was still having fun with it.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

Got an infestation of mice during the winter, went to pound and got those two, no mice to be found very quickly.

So fierce. One growled at me like a pit bull on steroids when I tried to take his dead mouse away while he was still having fun with it.
I have an outdoor cat and I've never seen a snake in my yard.

And I definitely have never had a mouse in my house.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

:lol

Go to the pound to get some cats to do some work for you. Go to the foster system to get some kids to turn a profit on. I like your style.

We have a cat. He's kind of a prick a lot of the time but I like him. I have a wife and two daughters so sadly I have to lean on a neutered male dog and cat to help me establish some male presence in the house. :picard

He's a little bit of a freak in that he's polydactyl...extra digits. His front feet look like big catcher's mitts.

Top Bottom