Misunderstood Pitbulls attack and kill 63 yr old woman

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kind of a red herring. Are pits more prone to aggression and more capable physically of acting on that aggression? Yes.
Matter of opinion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kind of a red herring. Are pits more prone to aggression and more capable physically of acting on that aggression? Yes.
It's funny because when talking about breeds of dogs we can say things like this. When talking about different races of people, we are racist...

Pitts may be more prone to aggression but the real problem is they are physically built to do a lot more destruction when they are aggressive. Some of those tiny breeds of dogs are some of the most aggressive things I have ever seen but they aren't built to do much destruction with that aggression.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Matter of opinion.
:lol

Every pit bull attack is followed by apologists claiming that the owner didn't raise it exactly right. Yes, the family dog who never hurt a fly before dragged the baby around the house by the head, but was the owner using the right leash? Did they feed him chicken or beef? Did they watch him day and night and build concrete walls around his pen? Clearly a case of bad owners!

Yeah, ok.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It's funny because when talking about breeds of dogs we can say things like this. When talking about different races of people, we are racist...

Pitts may be more prone to aggression but the real problem is they are physically built to do a lot more destruction when they are aggressive. Some of those tiny breeds of dogs are some of the most aggressive things I have ever seen but they aren't built to do much destruction with that aggression.
Clearly a matter of opinion.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I admit that I'm racist against pits.

I also hate cats.

Cotton

Staff member

Every pit bull attack is followed by apologists claiming that the owner didn't raise it exactly right. Yes, the family dog who never hurt a fly before dragged the baby around the house by the head, but was the owner using the right leash? Did they feed him chicken or beef? Did they watch him day and night and build concrete walls around his pen? Clearly a case of bad owners!

Yeah, ok.
Pit owners will not be muffled.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Yeah, ok.
I know how they feel. When my pet lion ate 3 people I did not see that coming.

Cotton

Staff member
My daughter is outside in the backyard, right at this moment, playing. With a pit bull in the same yard! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but you also admitted that you keep an eye out on her when she is playing with the dog. So there is that.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, but you also admitted that you keep an eye out on her when she is playing with the dog. So there is that.
I would do that without a dog in the backyard at all. But, certainly moreso that she has a dog that could accidentally knock her down cause he likes to rub up against people.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't remember it being told that way, but ok.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That's sounds like all of the other people who trusted their animals with kids.

Not my sweet dog! He would never act like an animal!

Cotton

Staff member
That's sounds like all of the other people who trusted their animals with kids.

Not my sweet dog! He would never act like an animal!
You can believe what you want, but I doubt my dog would even hurt someone if they jumped the fence.

But, you all carry on sitting up on your holier than thou pedestals judging people for having a certain dog if it makes you all feel better.

I know for a fact my pit would not intentionally hurt my kids. But, I watch any way because I'm a bit on the overprotective side. (that's how you remember it, Carp)

Top Bottom