Mike Zimmer Hired as DC

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I said it before, but I wouldn't hate Rex as the DC.

Then there's this, the guy is would be coming in highly motivated to make a difference even if that motivation is him looking out for his own best interests. Still, coming in motivated like that could make a positive difference.

Also, his system would be great for Micah as well.

There's definitely some positives to bringing him on as DC so I'm ok with him or Zim.

And lastly, at the end of the day, I still consider next year largely a wash year so unless the guy they bring in is terrible, I'm not gonna be overly picky about this move.

Last edited:

shane

DCC 4Life
Hope the new DC is Rex Ryan. He's more likely to flame out fast and help bring about the total collapse next year that might shame Jerry into making real changes whereas Zimmer is more likely to be competent and stable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I said it before, but I wouldn't hate Rex as the DC.

Then there's this, the guy is would be coming in highly motivated to make a difference even if that motivation is him looking out for his own best interests. Still, coming in motivated like that could make a positive difference.

Also, his system would be great for Micah as well.

There's definitely some positives to bringing him on as DC so I'm ok with him or Zim.

And lastly, at the end of the day, I still consider next year largely a wash year so unless the guy they bring in is terrible, I'm not gonna be overly picky about this move.
Frankly if a guy can step in and make the defense elite that's probably the path to a chance at a Superbowl here. Maybe Rex totally flames, maybe he does a killer job. I'm ok with him or Zimmer. They both have a chance to do that. Or either could fold and we have a whole new coaching staff

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hope the new DC is Rex Ryan. He's more likely to flame out fast and help bring about the total collapse next year that might shame Jerry into making real changes whereas Zimmer is more likely to be competent and stable.
I will say I feel like Zimmer is the safer option to have a good defense next year. But good probably isn't good enough. Rex is more boom or bust. But the boom could be an elite defense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rex is Jerruh negotiating Zimmer down. Nothing more.

Carny tricks.
That or Rex is trying to convince Jerry to give him a chance. It's sort of weird hearing Rex talk about how bad he wants the job.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Broaddus says the holdup is money, not years.
I mean Jerry can be very cheap when it comes to coaches. Which just shows his true colors because there is no salary cap for coaches. So hypothetically he could spend millions to build the best coaching staff in the NFL and no one can limit his spending. The fact that he doesn't just tells you that the salary cap is just an easy built in excuse for him to be cheap in free agency too.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It's been confirmed again.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I really hope Parsons goes to WLB in the Zimmer scheme.

Think of a much bigger Dexter Coakley with elite pass rushing skills.

Come to think of it, maybe we could get a third rounder for him.

Top Bottom