Mike Zimmer Hired as DC

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So I guess Rex was interested, but Jerry wasn't?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it wasn't even my intention. Andy Reid was always a great coach though. He went to a Superbowl with a different team and different QB. He has won a lot of games with a QB who was probably only top 20ish in the NFL at best. But yeah ultimately to be a HOF coach, he needed a HOF caliber QB. True in almost all cases.

But Reid before Mahomes doesn't feel that much different than McCarthy. If anything comes out of this, it's that maybe McCarthy should be given a much longer leash.
and a new QB

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still think this is a bunch of Dallas bullshit trying to keep the thing in the media until after the Superbowl when Jerry can have some fancy press conference.

With that being said, it would be kind of funny if things broke down during contract negotiations because Jerry is being too cheap or something.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Zimmer made a joke about already coaching the real Kirk Cousins and Jerry got mad? :shrug

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I still think this is a bunch of Dallas bullshit trying to keep the thing in the media until after the Superbowl when Jerry can have some fancy press conference.

With that being said, it would be kind of funny if things broke down during contract negotiations because Jerry is being too cheap or something.
What special kind of idiot has to schedule a PC for a coordinator role?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Zim wanting more than two years is probably the only thing that could mess things up.
That or the time clock thing. Maybe Rex Ryan is more desperate to get back on the stage than Zimmer and will gladly take a foisting.

Top Bottom