Mike Zimmer Hired as DC

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I really hope Parsons goes to WLB in the Zimmer scheme.

Think of a much bigger Dexter Coakley with elite pass rushing skills.

Come to think of it, maybe we could get a third rounder for him.
He's going to be closer to Anthony Barr than a true LB like Coakley, I still think he's going to spend at least half his time rushing/blitzing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's going to be closer to Anthony Barr than a true LB like Coakley, I still think he's going to spend at least half his time rushing/blitzing.
Danielle Hunter isn't much bigger than Parsons. I honestly think he would be this defenses Hunter most of the time. Hunter is 262. Parsons was in the 250's supposedly last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hunter is 6-5 with a crazy wingspan, he's built much differently.
He is much longer but the guy looks pretty damn skinny. Plus ESPN lists him as a LBer. Anyway, I doubt it's really an Anthony Barr role. Maybe in part but Barr has never had more than like 3 sacks in a season.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Danielle Hunter isn't much bigger than Parsons. I honestly think he would be this defenses Hunter most of the time. Hunter is 262. Parsons was in the 250's supposedly last year.
Zero chance he played in the 250s last year.

I can't find him listed more than 245 and those are usually generous.

Guy is a great size for a LB. He's a tiny DE tho and it shows late in year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He is much longer but the guy looks pretty damn skinny. Plus ESPN lists him as a LBer. Anyway, I doubt it's really an Anthony Barr role. Maybe in part but Barr has never had more than like 3 sacks in a season.
He's going to rush way more than Barr, that's why I said he'll be closer to Barr than Coakley, but I expect him to rush around half the time which Barr definitely didn't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's going to rush way more than Barr, that's why I said he'll be closer to Barr than Coakley, but I expect him to rush around half the time which Barr definitely didn't.
I'd say it will be more like half Barr, half Hunter if that makes sense. Which is perfect.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zero chance he played in the 250s last year.

I can't find him listed more than 245 and those are usually generous.

Guy is a great size for a LB. He's a tiny DE tho and it shows late in year.
I know his goal was 255 at the start of the season. I guess I don't know if he ever reached the goal. He looked bigger than 245 though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really hope Parsons goes to WLB in the Zimmer scheme.

Think of a much bigger Dexter Coakley with elite pass rushing skills.

Come to think of it, maybe we could get a third rounder for him.
We wouldn’t even manage what Oakland got for Khalil Mack.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Hope the new DC is Rex Ryan. He's more likely to flame out fast and help bring about the total collapse next year that might shame Jerry into making real changes whereas Zimmer is more likely to be competent and stable.
Wait, he runs a 3-4, yes? Now I still have hope for Mazi, but a 3-4 NT? Maybe in a year or two. As it is, hopefully Zim will get him a 5 year supply of :

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wait, he runs a 3-4, yes? Now I still have hope for Mazi, but a 3-4 NT? Maybe in a year or two. As it is, hopefully Zim will get him a 5 year supply of :

I am not so sure that will help.

It is not just his body mass. Taco Mazi was bigger in camp and through the first quarter of the season and he pretty much sucked then too.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I am not so sure that will help.

It is not just his body mass. Taco Mazi was bigger in camp and through the first quarter of the season and he pretty much sucked then too.
I talked about Warren Sapp's first year issues (he also ended his first season with the "bust" tag) before, so, I'll give him some more time.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I talked about Warren Sapp's first year issues (he also ended his first season with the "bust" tag) before, so, I'll give him some more time.
I'd feel better about giving 330 pound Mazi time to develop. I'm not sure about 290 pound Mazi. I hope he can hit the weight room and put that strength back on.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd be happy with a 50/50 split.

Just going by my casual observations while watching games, it felt like 95% of his snaps under Quinn were as a rusher.

Top Bottom