Machota: Cowboys embarrassed at home - Zeke Elliott hurting offense, 9 other takeaways

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That is just a natural side effect of maturing.

Hell, he used to literally piss me off to the point where it affected real life.

Y'all could call me a cunt to my face right now, so what.

He had a special talent of calling out my intellectual vanity that would piss me off for hours.
He was a dick. There is no way to sugarcoat that shit.

Cotton

Staff member
But it is still seen.

I used to laugh back in the day at the old Reality board, he'd ban politics. Or then just create a separate board.

It always spilled over.

Thing is...politics have grown into something bigger in the last four years.

Four years ago, it was never in your face 24/7.
People don't have to click on the political forums. They do so of their own volition.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
People don't have to click on the political forums. They do so of their own volition.
And that does spill over. We have had posters here banned over politics, like Bipo.

Cotton

Staff member
And that does spill over. We have had posters here banned over politics, like Bipo.
If Bipo had kept the politics and trolling under control, he would have never been banned.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He banned someone for hating Taylor Hicks.
It was me. And it wasn’t for hating Hicks. I only said he was overrated. I was the first to get banned, and when people stuck up for me saying that was a weak reason to ban somebody, they were banned, too. And it only picked up steam from there.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Anyways, I just fired up the game from Monday night...and they really really need to quit throwing to Elliott.

He should not be a major option in the passing game.

I just watched the sequence where Dalton nearly got picked by Jordan Hicks and then had the near safety.

He was the target both times.

Ooof.
No, they need to either have him involved in the passing game or forget the idea altogether… the constant uncertainty is not doing him any favors. If they want to use him like Mccaffrey, Kamara, Gurley, etc., then get him 10 pass plays a game... if not, just use him out of the backfield.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No, they need to either have him involved in the passing game or forget the idea altogether… the constant uncertainty is not doing him any favors. If they want to use him like Mccaffrey, Kamara, Gurley, etc., then get him 10 pass plays a game... if not, just use him out of the backfield.
I don't think he is anywhere near the class of McCaffrey or Kamara. They need to just let it happen organically.

He clearly can't handle the responsibilities. We have seen numerous drops, tips and fails on designed plays.

They need to quit pretending he is a passing game weapon.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Ah didn't realize that. I feel like when the racist stuff happened someone did a board wipe and some of us missed it all...
What racist shit happened? I might have been banned at the time...

I actually spoke to SBK on a different board but he was very vague about what went down. When he left, I came back.

Last edited:

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I don't think he is anywhere near the class of McCaffrey or Kamara. They need to just let it happen organically.

He clearly can't handle the responsibilities. We have seen numerous drops, tips and fails on designed plays.

No, but he was when he was drafted… Garrett never utilized that part of his game and as the old saying goes: "use it or lose it". There's no mystery as to why Elliott no longer has his home run speed, he was being used as a hammer, so he had to alter his body to accommodate (or survive).

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

He used to be better.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No, but he was when he was drafted… Garrett never utilized that part of his game and as the old saying goes: "use it or lose it". There's no mystery as to why Elliott no longer has his home run speed, he was being used as a hammer, so he had to alter his body to accommodate (or survive).
Good point

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not necessarily banned but there have been people leave this board because they got pissy in the political threads. But some of that is because those same people had probably lost interest in talking about the Cowboys.

Top Bottom