Machota: Cowboys embarrassed at home - Zeke Elliott hurting offense, 9 other takeaways

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah he was obnoxious to the point most were sick of him. I know I was but I wasn't around when everything else went down. Being obnoxious alone wasn't enough to boot a guy though.
He owned half the board. He wasn't booted. There was a divorce.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah he was obnoxious to the point most were sick of him. I know I was but I wasn't around when everything else went down. Being obnoxious alone wasn't enough to boot a guy though.
He wasn't booted.

We abandoned him.

We boarded a raft like some Cuban refugees fleeing Castro and set sail for Miami.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dude, his politics aside, the guy was a massive dickface.
I don’t agree. I think it was just a combustible time and I also think many of us have mellowed out over the years. I don’t know that he needs to be in charge of the site but I think he offers an important perspective.

He’s smart.... way smarter than the average zone poster, which is why I think he’d still fit in here if people were willing to forgive and forget.

Cotton

Staff member
I don’t agree. I think it was just a combustible time and I also think many of us have mellowed out over the years. I don’t know that he needs to be in charge of the site but I think he offers an important perspective.

He’s smart.... way smarter than the average zone poster, which is why I think he’d still fit in here if people were willing to forgive and forget.
One can be smart and still be a massive dickhead. SBK was that. You can't deny the dude was a prick. He was.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
No clue on either one. Carp couldn't stand me, and not long after EZ gave me a mod position he slowly drifted away from the board. I have no clue if the two things were connected or not.
Well, no homo, but this place is still the same to someone like me. We all have crap going on in our lives, but I keep coming back for a reason.

Cotton

Staff member
I really can't think of anyone who really liked you.
I still can't think of anyone who really likes me. Haunts me to this day.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, no homo, but this place is still the same to someone like me. We all have crap going on in our lives, but I keep coming back for a reason.
We all do. It's like some ridiculous addiction.

Cotton

Staff member
Ah didn't realize that. I feel like when the racist stuff happened someone did a board wipe and some of us missed it all...
There was someone who did a board wipe. SBK. He banned half the posters on the board.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
One can be smart and still be a massive dickhead. SBK was that. You can't deny the dude was a prick. He was.
He was prickly but I thought funny and insightful as well.

Again, I know that rubbed some people the wrong way but I think there was a lot of head butting back then and in general as a group I think we have mellowed out. I think he has as well or he wouldn’t have lasted at the Zone.

He has some issues he will never back down on (like Dak hating), but so do you (like Garrett hating).

Cotton

Staff member
He was prickly but I thought funny and insightful as well.

Again, I know that rubbed some people the wrong way but I think there was a lot of head butting back then and in general as a group I think we have mellowed out. I think he has as well or he wouldn’t have lasted at the Zone.

He has some issues he will never back down on (like Dak hating), but so do you (like Garrett hating).
He banned someone for hating Taylor Hicks. He banned me twice. Once for Mel Kiper, and I can't even remember the other reason. He was a prick. Hell, he wiped half the board at one point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bottomline there are a lot of guys I miss and I know they are not dead like Bob Roberts.

I just think there is a board culture here that turns them off.

And that is okay.

I know I have hung out with you fuckers for a long time. I am not going to let politics make it end.

But I am going to call out your idiocy.

Cotton

Staff member
Hmm, did he ban me? I feel like that guy fucking hated me.
I don't know who all he banned, but we all ended up at some other board while we waited out the nuclear fallout.

Cotton

Staff member
Bottomline there are a lot of guys I miss and I know they are not dead like Bob Roberts.

I just think there is a board culture here that turns them off.

And that is okay.

I know I have hung out with you fuckers for a long time. I am not going to let politics make it end.

But I am going to call out your idiocy.
There is a reason we keep the politics in its own forum. At least, we try like hell. Sometimes it bleeds over, but not very often.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
in general as a group I think we have mellowed out.
That is just a natural side effect of maturing.

Hell, he used to literally piss me off to the point where it affected real life.

Y'all could call me a cunt to my face right now, so what.

He had a special talent of calling out my intellectual vanity that would piss me off for hours.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is a reason we keep the politics in its own forum. At least, we try like hell. Sometimes it bleeds over, but not very often.
But it is still seen.

I used to laugh back in the day at the old Reality board, he'd ban politics. Or then just create a separate board.

It always spilled over.

Thing is...politics have grown into something bigger in the last four years.

Four years ago, it was never in your face 24/7.

Top Bottom