Machota: Cowboys embarrassed at home - Zeke Elliott hurting offense, 9 other takeaways

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He was on about illegal immigration. Well before Trump and his stupid idiotic wall.

The posters on this site...en masse took a stand.

The guy could show up here right now, say the same fucking thing and the response would not be the same.

And you fucking know it.
Standing against illegal immigration isn't racist.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I doubt he has the gumption to register a fake account and go to the bother.

He is comfortable where he is.

He is not a boogeyman who will haunt a site with different alias etc.
Wow, timestamped with the same exact language even

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Standing against illegal immigration isn't racist.
The way he did was.

Otherwise nobody would have been offended.

Remember, this is back in the day where people weren't always ready to get triggered.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He was on about illegal immigration. Well before Trump and his stupid idiotic wall.

The posters on this site...en masse took a stand.

The guy could show up here right now, say the same fucking thing and the response would not be the same.

And you fucking know it.
The straw that broke the camel’s back was he made a joke or comment about curb stomping a Mexican, and EZ was dating or married to one who saw it, and that was that.

Everyone else who was tired of his schtick was ready to turn on him quick.

But I guarantee you that similar things have been said in the heat of the moment without actually meaning it. And being who he is he refused to back down or apologize.

But yes the underlying sentiment of the admittedly tasteless comment was a disdain for illegal immigration: which most of us agree is a terrible thing.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
The way he did was.

Otherwise nobody would have been offended.

Remember, this is back in the day where people weren't always ready to get triggered.
Again, how does any of this have to do with what is talked about today politically on this board? Do you see racism in what is talked about today, here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have no doubt. But, he took that shit overboard.
It is nothing like what you and jsmith do.

I don't recall him ever being nearly as hardshell political as you two.

And if you want to take this offline, I would be happy to do so so the children don't get upset.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have no doubt. But, he took that shit overboard.
The comment, made to someone in a relationship with a Latina, was certainly not a smart or condonable one.

Just saying I don’t actually view him as a racist any more than I do you (or myself).

Cotton

Staff member
The straw that broke the camel’s back was he made a joke or comment about curb stomping a Mexican, and EZ was dating or married to one who saw it, and that was that.

But I guarantee you that similar things have been said in the heat of the moment without actually meaning it. And being who he is he refused to back down or apologize.

But yes the underlying sentiment of the admittedly tasteless comment was a disdain for illegal immigration: which most of us agree is a terrible thing.
Dude, his politics aside, the guy was a massive dickface.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Again, how does any of this have to do with what is talked about today politically on this board? Do you see racism in what is talked about today, here.
Read my other post.

Cotton

Staff member
It is nothing like what you and jsmith do.

I don't recall him ever being nearly as hardshell political as you two.

And if you want to take this offline, I would be happy to do so so the children don't get upset.
Did you just ask me to step outside... cyberonically?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah he was obnoxious to the point most were sick of him. I know I was but I wasn't around when everything else went down. Being obnoxious alone wasn't enough to boot a guy though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Did you just ask me to step outside... cyberonically?
Sorry, just repeating what I do all fucking day long on Zoom calls.

Things get testy: Let's just take this offline.

Cotton

Staff member
And 2233? Carp?

Not trying to dredge up shit, just curious.
No clue on either one. Carp couldn't stand me, and not long after EZ gave me a mod position he slowly drifted away from the board. I have no clue if the two things were connected or not.

Top Bottom