LOL @ the Redskins

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Red Hogs makes the most sense by far.
It does, and I wonder if that even could be it with as much as they emphasized their history and showed Gibbs... but what does that mascot look like? I guess sort of like the Arkansas Razorbacks one?

Seems like it's wide, wide open for ridicule. Lots of little piggies squealing, fat nasty barnyard pigs, etc.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It does, and I wonder if that even could be it with as much as they emphasized their history and showed Gibbs... but what does that mascot look like? I guess sort of like the Arkansas Razorbacks one?

Seems like it's wide, wide open for ridicule. Lots of little piggies squealing, fat nasty barnyard pigs, etc.

I am definitely rooting for the easiest to ridicule.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If they had balls they would say sike we are the Redskins and fucking deal with it you fucking retards. They would have at least half of the USA cheer them for telling the other half fuck you

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Nothing like an Antonio Wright/Clint Stoerner/Drew Henson/Chad Hutchinson/Quincy Carter/Ryan Leaf shit buffet to set you straight.
Does it make me a loyal fan or a pathetic one to have attended training camps that allowed me to witness ALL of those QBs live?

:unsure

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The stars on the sleeve make it look military-themed so that will be the nickname. Fucking stupid not to go with Redhogs, which I might have embraced, or Warriors, which it should have been all along.

I’m still calling them Redskins.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The stars on the sleeve make it look military-themed so that will be the nickname. Fucking stupid not to go with Redhogs, which I might have embraced, or Warriors, which it should have been all along.

I’m still calling them Redskins.
They will forever be the Redskins to me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If they had gone with Redhogs or Warriors I might have migrated over.

Now I'm not.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If they had to change, which they shouldn't have, why not Warriors? You have the alliteration, they have the W on their interim hats already, etc.

I mean, I know the answer is they didn't want to come even close to native american imagery, but "warrior" is in no way derogatory and it's not native-specific at all. People call soldiers warriors all the time. The Golden State Warriors are in the most SJW city in America and they haven't changed their name.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If they had to change, which they shouldn't have, why not Warriors? You have the alliteration, they have the W on their interim hats already, etc.

I mean, I know the answer is they didn't want to come even close to native american imagery, but "warrior" is in no way derogatory and it's not native-specific at all. People call soldiers warriors all the time. The Golden State Warriors are in the most SJW city in America and they haven't changed their name.
You have the Warriors in basketball, the Braves in baseball, and in football you have the Chiefs. No reason it couldn't/shouldn't have been Warriors. Maintain color scheme, historical context, you'd have to change the logo but the entire motif can remain.

My guess is Snyder waited too long, frankly. The entire thing was pressure from very specific extremist special interest groups, they tried lobbying and pressuring Snyder for so long and he basically told them to F off. Then they got wise with all the SJW movement and pressured the sponsors, who being soulless corporations led by leftists, folded like laundry.

Once the Nikes of the world told the league to force Snyder to change, it was over. They had the league by the balls unless the league was willing to piss off some people, which it clearly isn't. Now the special interest groups were calling the shots. My guess is the league went to Snyder and said, we were outmaneuvered, you lost, do what they want or else.

And what these particular extremist special interest groups want is NO NATIVE IMAGERY WHATSOEVER. So Warriors was probably never an option to please the puppetmasters behind the scenes. This is probably why Warriors has never seemed to be an option despite being so popular and obvious.

Ironically if Snyder had been smart enough to get ahead of this trainwreck years earlier, I bet something like this could have been pulled off. Back when he was not in the position where he was being forced, he could have called it a "compromise." Once they beat him conclusively, no reason to compromise for them, he'll do what he's told or they will Donald Sterling him.

But it's no surprise that Dan Snyder is an idiot who mismanaged the whole situation.

Top Bottom