Last NFL Game You Attended

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, that was my last one I've been to.
As an adult, there were only 2 losses that bothered me so much I couldn't even sleep on those nights.

That game and the 2011 loss to the Giants that ended with the blocked FG.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That was the second of the punt return TDs Patrick Crayton had in back to back weeks.

First was vs Atlanta, next week he did it again vs Seattle.

Props. I don't remember very much from the game unfortunately.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That game and the 2011 loss to the Giants that ended with the blocked FG.
Still not sure how we lost that 2006 game @ Washington. From sure victory to gut-wrenching defeat in a matter of seconds.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Still not sure how we lost that 2006 game @ Washington. From sure victory to gut-wrenching defeat in a matter of seconds.
Oh man.... that one was brutal.

It was the that era that broke me -- 2005 to 2013.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that there were more gut-wrenching, inexplicable losses in that 7 or 8 year span than there were in the previous 20 years combined.

It was uncanny how the Cowboys found new ways to choke or inexplicably lose a game that seemed certain to end in victory.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I can't remember what year it was, but the last NFL game I attended was in Arizona. It was somewhere around 2007-2008, something like that.
The game we lost in OT off a blocked punt that broke McBriar's foot?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I was at that game as well as both 2005 games, everyone remembers the first 2005 game on MNF but the second one was at Washington with high playoff stakes, in the cold, and it was just a massive ass whipping from the start.

Lost 35-7, and only scored that 7 with like 5 minutes left in the game. Bledsoe was sacked about 7 times and everything was about as bad as you could possibly imagine.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'll share a pretty remarkable stat with you guys....

I've been to almost 50 live Cowboys games in my lifetime and I have never, not even once, seen them lose.

And I've been to some real classics including the 95 NFCC which is the crown jewel of the games I've attended.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The game we lost in OT off a blocked punt that broke McBriar's foot?
No, it wasn't that one. Or I don't remember it going to OT.

Cotton

Staff member
Ok, then it wasn't 2008.

I don't recall playing Arizona in 2007 either.

Maybe 2006?
Possibly. I just remember the drive being brutal.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
First game I ever went to was in 86.

Herschel Walker was my first ever Cowboys hero and I got to see him against the then St. Louis Cardinals.

I was only 6 but I clearly remember asking my dad who that Steve Pelluer guy was when I noticed Danny White wasn't playing. :lol

Went back in 88 to watch them beat Atlanta.

From 1990 to 1997, we went to at least 2 games a year. My dad was his friends with some big-wig over at BFI. At one point, they were the second biggest waste management company in the US.

Anyway, the guy was a lifelong Cowboys fan who would always buy season tickets but yet would go to maybe 4 or 5 games at most a year. So he'd end up giving the tickets to my dad and we'd go.

He passed away a few years ago but my dad said that he had season tickets all the way up till about 2010 or so.

God bless that guy....because thanks to him, I got to be there and experience watching the greatest team ever assembled in franchise history.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The last game I’ve been to was the Vikings-Chargers game back in like 2004. A group of us went to celebrate someone’s birthday.

Cotton

Staff member
I might be in the extreme minority, but I’d rather watch a game at home than go to a game.

I found myself watching the shitty scoreboard monitor for most of the game.
I am the same.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Sept. 26 2011. Redskins @ Cowboys.
Had a blast. Got to meet Everson Walls, Larry Allen, Dixon Edwards, Jay Ratliff (He was A dickhead), Nate Newton, and Mickey Spagnola (also pretty much a turd).
Did a stadium tour too.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I didn't meet Greg Ellis.

But I did see him walking into the stadium before the game one year. I was above the overhang to the tunnel.

I yelled out, Greg, you're the man!

He just kept walking. I yelled again, you're the man, Greg!

He half turned his head and gave me the fish eye. He gave me a half wave and a half smile with half a head nod. And walked into the stadium.

Great guy.

Top Bottom