Last NFL Game You Attended

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Nope.

I have never got the appeal. It is cool if you are in a suite, but sitting around a bunch of fucktards, no thanks.

I watched from a suite once for a hockey game. It's nice being catered to I guess, but otherwise you might as well be at home. It doesn't feel like a live atmosphere to me.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You know, such was my luck in attending live games that even when the game wasn't anything special on paper, it usually ended up being memorable for one reason or another.

The only truly uneventful game that I can recall attending was vs the Bengals in 2000.

But later that season, I went to the game vs the Redskins and I almost didn't. We sucked. They sucked. Both our seasons were pretty much over, but I decided the night before that I would just go.

That was the last game Troy ever played in.

But what I most remember about that game is that it ended up being one of Emmitt's finest post-30 displays. He broke both the 1,000 mark for the 10th season in a row and the 15,000 yard mark for his career in that game.

It kinda came out of nowhere too. He had a solid first half, but in the second half, it seemed like every carry he got went for double digit yardage.

It was a fantastic display of just how good he was. No talent around him, 31 years old, average O-line, and yet the guy was running circles around the Redskins.

It's a perfect example of the greatness we were talking about in the Emmitt thread the other day.

What a all-timer he was.

The Emmitt show starts at the 5:30 mark:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Last game I went to was season opener 2010 at FedEx field.

- Dez's NFL and McChunky's Washington debut.

- Tashard Choice stripped after a quick pass with 4 seconds before half on our own 30 to give Washington an easy TD to fucking Deangelo Hall (good call, Garrett). I was most of the way up the stairs to the concession stands when I hear the crowd roar. Couldn't believe Wade/Garrett called anything other than a kneel down. I think Garrett's undermining began right then.

- Miles Austin tears it up, but we couldn't get anything going for long because there was barely any protection.

- Alex Barron with the hold on Brian Orakpo ends the game on 4th down despite Romo's apparent game winning TD to Roy Williams.
Damn, forgot all about that Tashard fumble before the half, what a shit show.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's when I knew for sure what a weasel Garrett was. He literally hid from the press until he couldn't avoid it anymore, still refused to take the blame for that horrendous call, and let Phillips take all the heat.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
True story:

I drove 6 hours north to Wichita Falls to watch the Cowboys practice in 114 degree heat.

Darren Woodson was my favorite player on the team at that time and I really was hoping to get an autograph.

I wanted Emmitt's too, but he ignored everybody.

Anyway, practice ends and I make my way down the bleachers to catch the players walking by. They were really accessible back then as they all had to walk by the fans to get to the dorms and they only thing separating them from the fans were a makeshift plastic fence like the kind you might see blocking off road work in the street.

So I get there first and yell over at him and he acknowledges me, but stops to do a quick interview. When the other riffraff noticed that he was going to come over, those bastards swarmed the fence and formed a crowd and got in front me.

Woody walks over, tells the crowd to make room and said "hang on, he was first...."

If you thought I had a man crush on him before that, just imagine how highly I thought of him afterward. :lol

Got him to autograph a photo I had of him celebrating a 4th down stop vs the Steelers in Super Bowl 30.

What a fucking legend he is.
I met Woodson randomly at the hotel breakfast before the Skins game in either 2001 or 2002, absolutely nobody around early in the morning, he was really nice and down to Earth without needing to be. I was only like 15 and nobody was around, so he could've easily blew me off but he actually stopped to chat for a few and take a picture.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I FOUND IT....THE DOOKIE STICK!!!

:rofl
I was at this game, it was something else.

I just remember before the game the Skins put like their trainer (their trainer!) from the Gibbs era in their Ring of Honor type thing and he just kept talking about how it was "Cowboys beating weather" because it was about 30 degrees with freezing rain coming down.

Then Hasselbeck threw about 5 INT's.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I’ve witnessed four shitshow losses away at Washington. The three beyond the Tashard Choice strip were

- 1992 season loss with the bizarre pump-fake Aikman fumble, Emmitt endzone forward scoop, Washington defensive TD that should have been called a safety

- 1986 blowout loss where we played Reggie Collier at the end. Nothing went right in that game, and Steve Pelluer sucked anyway.

- 2006 war if a game Romo nails a deep middle pass to Witten to land in easy game winning FG range with time running out. Mike VanderJAG chokes the kick firing low into a Washington edge rusher and the kick is blocked. Sean Taylor returns the bouncing fumble and is tackled, but a Kyle Kosier PF face mask gets called and suddenly Washington is in FG range and kicks the game winner. Then my brother (who is wasted) gets into a fight with these guys he’s been taunting all game and I spend several minutes diving between him and people trying to kick his ass. Crazy shit

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
- 1992 season loss with the bizarre pump-fake Aikman fumble, Emmitt endzone forward scoop, Washington defensive TD that should have been called a safety
That was the game where Jimmy went nuts on the plane ride home. I remember a bad Irvin fumble (on a slant pattern) and an equally bad interception by Troy at the Washington goal line.

data

Forbes #1
I’ve witnessed four shitshow losses away at Washington. The three beyond the Tashard Choice strip
You are never allowed to a Cowboys Redskins game again.

Where were you when 3-9 Norval Turner beat the 10-2 Cowboys in 1995

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You are never allowed to a Cowboys Redskins game again.

Where were you when 3-9 Norval Turner beat the 10-2 Cowboys in 1995
On the other hand I did see the classic 1999 season opener comeback with the bomb to Rocket to end it.

I’m wearing my Emmitt jersey screaming totally surrounded by burgundy because most Cowboys fans had already left. Hell I had almost left that one.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I was at this game, it was something else.

I just remember before the game the Skins put like their trainer (their trainer!) from the Gibbs era in their Ring of Honor type thing and he just kept talking about how it was "Cowboys beating weather" because it was about 30 degrees with freezing rain coming down.

Then Hasselbeck threw about 5 INT's.
I was at that game too, it poured rain. I think we have talked about that before, haha.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Newmsy 3 INT game... Good times.

Top Bottom