Kobe Bryant has died

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Will be interesting to see if he gets the Sam Wyche treatment from the liberal press. Don't hold your breath.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Will be interesting to see if he gets the Sam Wyche treatment from the liberal press. Don't hold your breath.
I hate the press, too, but please don’t taint this thread with political shit.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Gut wrenching.

Not a fan of his, don’t care about basketball, but damn if it’s not one of those things that will ruin your whole weekend when you hear it.

His wife and kids, extended family, what a tragedy for them. It’s just a shitty situation and I can’t imagine how devastating it is for people who knew him and idolized him.

If I’m feeling as dejected about it as I am, I can’t imagine how badly it’s tearing at his family/friends/fans.

RIP to all on board.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

The way the media reported this today was deplorable.
All of them should be embarrassed but you know they aren't.

In situations like this the priority should be getting the information right rather than being the first to report.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Uh, guess not
When it was first reported, it went to dead link. And as you saw with the rest, it was just like rats scurrying over each other to be first.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
poor guy had the misfortune of dying with a famous person

data

Forbes #1

Him, his wife, and their daughter all were on board today :sad

Altobelli’s brother, Tony, got a text message that Bryant died in a helicopter crash. So he texted Orange Coast College women’s basketball coach Sammy Doucette who had been with Kobe Bryant’s Mamba Sports Academy before going to OCC. “She said it might be true,” Altobelli said.

“Then her next question was, ‘Have you heard from your brother?’ and I was confused. She explained he goes on chopper rides with Kobe.”

Altobelli was unsuccessful trying to contact Pirates baseball coaches until he reached assistant coach Tim Matz. “He could barely get a word in,” Altobelli said. “He just said, ‘They’re gone.’”

-----------
None of us know any of these people, but, man, my chest caved reading those words as you instantly become the brother, Tony. To go from losing a friend [Kobe] to finding out that your brother might've been with him and then getting confirmation of the worst-case scenario.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Altobelli’s brother, Tony, got a text message that Bryant died in a helicopter crash. So he texted Orange Coast College women’s basketball coach Sammy Doucette who had been with Kobe Bryant’s Mamba Sports Academy before going to OCC. “She said it might be true,” Altobelli said.

“Then her next question was, ‘Have you heard from your brother?’ and I was confused. She explained he goes on chopper rides with Kobe.”

Altobelli was unsuccessful trying to contact Pirates baseball coaches until he reached assistant coach Tim Matz. “He could barely get a word in,” Altobelli said. “He just said, ‘They’re gone.’”

-----------
None of us know any of these people, but, man, my chest caved reading those words as you instantly become the brother, Tony. To go from losing a friend [Kobe] to finding out that your brother might've been with him and then getting confirmation of the worst-case scenario.

Altobelli also left behind a son who is a Red Sox scout and another young daughter

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Fuck. This shouldn’t be effecting me as much as it is.

I think it may be the(at least) two children that were on the chopper.

I doubt it’s the case, but I hope it was too quick for any of them, adults and children, to realize what was actually happening.

Top Bottom