Kobe Bryant has died

data

Forbes #1
Likely coincidence, but must've had some affect, yesterday's traffic was smooth and nobody cutting each other off. Driving a little safer with this reminder of how life can be taken in an instant, regardless of who you are?

Last edited:

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Is it some kind of joke that Americans always use "affect" when it should be "effect" and vice-versa?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
From TMZ:

New images from the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash site prove what NTSB investigators are saying -- there was no chance for survival -- as the aircraft burst into a huge ball of flames.

These photos were taken by a mountain biker who was on a nearby trail when the helicopter slammed into the hillside around 9:45 AM Sunday. The biker says he took the pics at 9:49 AM ... which explains why the flames are so intense in these photos.

You can also see the debris field ... which L.A. County Sheriff's deputies are now patrolling, on horseback and ATVs, to protect the area from looters.

As we reported, the Sikorsky S-76 was at about 1,700 feet when it crashed. Flight tracker data also shows the chopper's speed was about 161 knots. Several experienced pilots tell us they're baffled the pilot, Ara Zoboyan, was going that fast in heavy fog.

In the seconds prior to crashing, Zobayan took the helicopter from 1200 feet to 2000 feet within a matter of seconds. It appears he cleared one hillside, only to strike the next.

All 8 passengers -- Kobe, his daughter, Gianna, John Altobelli, Keri Altobelli, Alyssa

Cotton

Staff member

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
From TMZ:

New images from the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash site prove what NTSB investigators are saying -- there was no chance for survival -- as the aircraft burst into a huge ball of flames.

These photos were taken by a mountain biker who was on a nearby trail when the helicopter slammed into the hillside around 9:45 AM Sunday. The biker says he took the pics at 9:49 AM ... which explains why the flames are so intense in these photos.

You can also see the debris field ... which L.A. County Sheriff's deputies are now patrolling, on horseback and ATVs, to protect the area from looters.

As we reported, the Sikorsky S-76 was at about 1,700 feet when it crashed. Flight tracker data also shows the chopper's speed was about 161 knots. Several experienced pilots tell us they're baffled the pilot, Ara Zoboyan, was going that fast in heavy fog.

In the seconds prior to crashing, Zobayan took the helicopter from 1200 feet to 2000 feet within a matter of seconds. It appears he cleared one hillside, only to strike the next.

All 8 passengers -- Kobe, his daughter, Gianna, John Altobelli, Keri Altobelli, Alyssa

geez, shockingly little debris, everything was apparently pulverized

and for anyone else who didn't know like me, 161 knots is 185 MPH

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm definitely against that.
Same here. I get it, the man died young. He was an NBA star. It's sad. But let's not lose our minds. There were other people that died on that helicopter, too. Their lives were no less important than his.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They're trying to "Harriet Tubman" Jerry West. Not gonna happen.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I have a friend in the helicopter business and he always warns me that helicopters are dangerous, relatively speaking, versus planes, cars and trains. Especially the helicopter tours.
I hate flying in planes. It’s a control thing, not a science thing. But overseas, I flew in blackhawks more times than I can count. I loved it, and was never afraid. Then in a training exercise on post, my platoon was in a Chinook that would have crash landed if we were any higher off the ground. Smoke filled the cabin, you could see the horizon line tilt like crazy out of all the windows. Hardly a month goes by I think without reading about a military crash involving helicopters. They are dangerous. This shit happens, constantly. I don’t see myself ever getting in one again.

More on topic, the Cowboys and Sooners are my only team. I don’t give a rats ass about any other sport. But Kobe was hands down my favorite non Cowboys player, regardless of sport. I used to watch the highlights to his last game pretty regularly, out of sheer admiration and respect. Death is always tragic, but even for people we have never met, some just hurt more than others. I feel like this is the case with Kobe.

Cotton

Staff member
I hate flying in planes. It’s a control thing, not a science thing. But overseas, I flew in blackhawks more times than I can count. I loved it, and was never afraid. Then in a training exercise on post, my platoon was in a Chinook that would have crash landed if we were any higher off the ground. Smoke filled the cabin, you could see the horizon line tilt like crazy out of all the windows. Hardly a month goes by I think without reading about a military crash involving helicopters. They are dangerous. This shit happens, constantly. I don’t see myself ever getting in one again.

More on topic, the Cowboys and Sooners are my only team. I don’t give a rats ass about any other sport. But Kobe was hands down my favorite non Cowboys player, regardless of sport. I used to watch the highlights to his last game pretty regularly, out of sheer admiration and respect. Death is always tragic, but even for people we have never met, some just hurt more than others. I feel like this is the case with Kobe.
Thank you for your service, sir.

Top Bottom