Jimmy Johnson inducted into the Hall of Fame

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No, he's merely saying that Jimmy Johnson isn't a once-in-a-Bible savior. Jimmy walked into a situation that many coaches would've also succeeded in.
No, when all this stupidity started, that's exactly what he was saying. That Landry should receive credit for drafting Aikman, saying some weird shit about supposedly "tagging him" or whatever. Even though everybody in the world knew that Aikman was the obvious #1 pick.

Jimmy's lucky to have been the Cowboys coach, not the other way around. I mean, look what happened in Miami without the ripe-for-the-pickin situation...Jimmy Johnson actually had to do some work in Miami.

If Jerry Jones kept Landry, the Cowboys probably would've achieved similar, if not more, success.

Instead of leaning in and stating Jimmy Johnson gets credit for 3 Super Bowls, it's more accurate to say Tom Landry has 5 Super Bowl rings.
Your troll skills are weak.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Johnson was recruiting for Oklahoma State. He was the HC then. Johnson then went to Miami in Florida and tried again to recruit Aikman. Aikman went to OU instead and ironically was injured in a game with Miami. He was replaced by Jamell Holloway and OU reverted back to the wishbone formation so Aikman was out of a starter position. Switzerl subsequently contacted Terry Donahue who offered Aikman a position with the UCLA team. Aikman refers to this as turning Johnson down twice.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My goodness, LT. What a mess of a thread you have created.

data

Forbes #1
An overlooked aspect of our dynasty, I will admit, is that Landry doesn’t get enough credit for drafting Michael Irvin.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Exactly!

My pet cat is the truth and you have an aversion to it but thats ok bro, I've come to realize thats just how you roll

You sound like a butt hurt kindergartner.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I do?....spend a lot of time with kindergartners do you?

Regardless, good morning Mr T!
This is a forum where people have different thoughts and opinions. It’s hoped that these discussions can be done without personal attacks and name calling. I just now used one to get your reaction and it came back as I expected. Through out the earlier exchange you and others who had a differing opinion continually reverted to disparaging remarks and name calling that wasn’t necessary to do in the exchange. Even on another thread this morning you did the same thing. So my point is grow up and if someone has a differing opinion try to keep your responses on a mature adult dialogue.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
This is a forum where people have different thoughts and opinions. It’s hoped that these discussions can be done without personal attacks and name calling. I just now used one to get your reaction and it came back as I expected. Through out the earlier exchange you and others who had a differing opinion continually reverted to disparaging remarks and name calling that wasn’t necessary to do in the exchange. Even on another thread this morning you did the same thing. So my point is grow up and if someone has a differing opinion try to keep your responses on a mature adult dialogue.
Toughen up buttercup!

Your blatantly false comments, misrepresentations & twisted "logic" are being"attacked", not your person but I suspect if you haven't learned to tell the difference between the two by this point in your life, you never will.

So martyr on my friend!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Toughen up buttercup!

Your blatantly false comments, misrepresentations & twisted "logic" are being"attacked", not your person but I suspect if you haven't learned to tell the difference between the two by this point in your life, you never will.

So martyr on my friend!
My comments were not false. I made two points.

1. I observed that the claims by some that Jimmy Johnson is the reason that Troy Aikman was drafted by the Cowboys isn’t altogether true . Aikman was identified by Tom Landry as well as the local news people as being the first round pick by the Dallas Cowboys. The fact that Jones bought the Cowboys and Landry was fired before the draft didn’t change what happened. Aikman was the pick. Johnson and Jones simply pulled the trigger.

2, the Relationship with Aikman and Johnson wasn’t always a good buddy status. It started off pretty rocky and almost drove Aikman to requesting a trade. Aikman also stated it took several years to get past it.

If it bothers you to hear this to the extent that you feel you have to disparage people then that’s just your misfortune.

Both of these points are true

Top Bottom