Jimmy Johnson inducted into the Hall of Fame

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Here's the announcement they made at halftime of the Packers/Seabag game:

As some "wise" old sage pointed out in another thread, Aikman doesnt like Jimmy and held a grudge against him and apparently its never gone away. You can see the disgust on Aikman's face as he watches Jimmy get the news.

Its a miracle those two ever won anything together.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Here's the announcement they made at halftime of the Packers/Seabag game:

As some "wise" old sage pointed out in another thread, Aikman doesnt like Jimmy and held a grudge against him and apparently its never gone away. You can see the disgust on Aikman's face as he watches Jimmy get the news.

Its a miracle those two ever won anything together.
Aikman never forgave him for drafting Steve Walsh

data

Forbes #1
I wonder how much does the ‘what if Jimmy stayed’ eats at Jimmy.

If he could go Back to the Future and talk to Jimmy 1994, would he advise to make it work with Jerruh or continue with parting ways.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I dont think the sarcasm font is coming through in my post
Ah, yeah, I didn't watch the video. I know a lot of players didn't get along with Johnson so I wouldn't have been surprised if Aikman had been one of them.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Ah, yeah, I didn't watch the video. I know a lot of players didn't get along with Johnson so I wouldn't have been surprised if Aikman had been one of them.
They did clash for the first two years. The game at LA in 1990 is supposedly the one that turned it around for them.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
they had a little tension before Johnson committed to Aikman and shipped off Walsh but by all accounts they were great from that point forward

data

Forbes #1
Lookit, I love Jimmy Johnson. My favorite coach of all-time.

But even I question his HOF induction. Seems to be a very short career. 4 years. Yeah, nothing he did for the Dolphins contributes to his HOF election. If he’s Hall of Famer worthy now, he’s HOF worthy even if he never coached the Dolphins. In comparison, though, to all the other coaches, just seems like a short career.

Now, this was before Cowher was inducted. If Cowher is inducted, this re-establishes the bar and Jimmy is in front of Cowher.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

But even I question his HOF induction. Seems to be a very short career. 4 years. Yeah, nothing he did for the Dolphins contributes to his HOF election. If he’s Hall of Famer worthy now, he’s HOF worthy even if he never coached the Dolphins. In comparison, though, to all the other coaches, just seems like a short career.

Now, this was before Cowher was inducted. If Cowher is inducted, this re-establishes the bar and Jimmy is in front of Cowher.
If he was allowed to trade Marino like he wanted this would be a different story

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That’s fine, but that can’t be at all considered in discussing his worthiness for HOF.
I didn't even go there because he absolutely deserves it for the 3 SB wins in Dallas, and yes he get credit for Switzer's win

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

It's a shame that college and pro HOFs are not merged like in basketball, because his total resume is definitely HoF-worthy.

data

Forbes #1
However, I will say that the Jimmy Johnson story deserves to be told. From 1-15 to a 3 SB winner was unprecedented at the time, especially pre-free agency era.

Cowher, in the other hand, I don’t understand this one at all. Great coach, sure, but what legacy did he leave? Tom Coughlin has just as good a resume. Dan Reeves has brought two teams to the Super Bowl and gone to 4. Cowher is one Big Ben tackle (AFCC) from being a goosegg 0-1 Super Bowl coach.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
However, I will say that the Jimmy Johnson story deserves to be told. From 1-15 to a 3 SB winner was unprecedented at the time, especially pre-free agency era.

Cowher, in the other hand, I don’t understand this one at all. Great coach, sure, but what legacy did he leave? Tom Coughlin has just as good a resume. Dan Reeves has brought two teams to the Super Bowl and gone to 4. Cowher is one Big Ben tackle (AFCC) from being a goosegg 0-1 Super Bowl coach.
Jimmy redefined how teams draft. That in addition to his success in Dallas shows he deserves to be in the HOF

data

Forbes #1
Cowher is in the media. Tom Flores is not.

Fucking stupid retardation.
Tom Coughlin took an expansion team to two AFCC games. Then took a second team to two more NFCCs and converted that into two SB wins.

Cowher went to six AFCCs and went to two Super Bowls, only winning one.

Having a chin is great for TV, not credentials for HOF.

data

Forbes #1
WTF. Tony Dungy’s in the HOF?!?!?

Dick Vermeil...come on down.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Tom Coughlin took an expansion team to two AFCC games. Then took a second team to two more NFCCs and converted that into two SB wins.

Cowher went to six AFCCs and went to two Super Bowls, only winning one.

Having a chin is great for TV, not credentials for HOF.
I think Coughlin will get in.

Top Bottom