Jimmy Johnson inducted into the Hall of Fame

p1_

DCC 4Life
My comments were not false. I made two points.

1. I observed that the claims by some that Jimmy Johnson is the reason that Troy Aikman was drafted by the Cowboys isn’t altogether true . Aikman was identified by Tom Landry as well as the local news people as being the first round pick by the Dallas Cowboys. The fact that Jones bought the Cowboys and Landry was fired before the draft didn’t change what happened. Aikman was the pick. Johnson and Jones simply pulled the trigger.

2, the Relationship with Aikman and Johnson wasn’t always a good buddy status. It started off pretty rocky and almost drove Aikman to requesting a trade. Aikman also stated it took several years to get past it.

If it bothers you to hear this to the extent that you feel you have to disparage people then that’s just your misfortune.

Both of these points are true
It should be widely known by this group that Aikman was the choice even before the sale. Also, there was a reason Jimmy took Steve Walsh.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
1. I observed that the claims by some that Jimmy Johnson is the reason that Troy Aikman was drafted by the Cowboys isn’t altogether true . Aikman was identified by Tom Landry as well as the local news people as being the first round pick by the Dallas Cowboys. The fact that Jones bought the Cowboys and Landry was fired before the draft didn’t change what happened. Aikman was the pick. Johnson and Jones simply pulled the trigger.
This is simply not true. Pee Wee Herman could have been the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, and Troy Aikman would have been the Dallas Cowboys draft pick. It didn't matter that Jimmy Johnson was the coach. It didn't matter that Tom Landry "identified" him. The only thing that is an actual FACT is that yeah, Jimmy Johnson did draft him. He WAS the head coach at the time. And that is the only thing that people have stated.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is simply not true. Pee Wee Herman could have been the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, and Troy Aikman would have been the Dallas Cowboys draft pick. It didn't matter that Jimmy Johnson was the coach. It didn't matter that Tom Landry "identified" him. The only thing that is an actual FACT is that yeah, Jimmy Johnson did draft him. He WAS the head coach at the time. And that is the only thing that people have stated.
Well thats what I said. I merely inserted the names of who was in place.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If you read the dialogue in the back and forth dialogue I sai almost the same words. Aikman would have ended up in Dallas regardless of who was in place.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Well thats what I said. I merely inserted the names of who was in place.
Wrong. Any regular Pee Wee Herman wouldn’t have brought Aikman to the Cowboys. It was Landry’s doing. Landry had already determined that Aikman would be their #1 pick for Dallas When Jones bought the team he fired Landry but drafted Aikman. Johnson brought Walsh into the franchise and it cause a problem with Aikman and he almost asked to be traded.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wrong. Any regular Pee Wee Herman wouldn’t have brought Aikman to the Cowboys. It was Landry’s doing. Landry had already determined that Aikman would be their #1 pick for Dallas When Jones bought the team he fired Landry but drafted Aikman. Johnson brought Walsh into the franchise and it cause a problem with Aikman and he almost asked to be traded.
You can take that up with No.Dak.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It should be widely known by this group that Aikman was the choice even before the sale. Also, there was a reason Jimmy took Steve Walsh.
Of course it was widely known. The local news people were already celebrating the impending draft and it was going to be Aikman. Jones and Johnson were not even a blip on the radar when it was proclaimed Aikman was coming to the Cowboys. It didn’t matter who was on the Dallas side as coach, Owner, or GM, the first round pick was etched in concrete in this town.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Of course it was widely known. The local news people were already celebrating the impending draft and it was going to be Aikman. Jones and Johnson were not even a blip on the radar when it was proclaimed Aikman was coming to the Cowboys. It didn’t matter who was on the Dallas side as coach, Owner, or GM, the first round pick was etched in concrete in this town.
We both recall it clearly.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Fucking retards

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I just want to know who Garrett earmarked for our 1st rnd pick this year, I'm sure it'll leak soon

Smitty

DCC 4Life
ESPN has a great article up about Jimmy and Jerry. Will post link but not whole article cause I’m on my phone.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So....
Who is most appropriate to present Jimmy at the enshrinement ceremony? I think it should be Jerry, but if not, Im gonna say Troy.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So....
Who is most appropriate to present Jimmy at the enshrinement ceremony? I think it should be Jerry, but if not, Im gonna say Troy.
No prayer it's Jerry. Could be Wannstedt.

If they even have presenters. That'd be a lot of speeches with how many guys are going in.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So....
Hell no to Jerry. That would be gawd awful. Troy would be a much better choice. Maybe even Irvin.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
00:40

Oh snap. Aikman wasn’t even consensus #1 inside the War Room.....or is Jimmuh being a huckster in this interview?

Top Bottom