Jimmy Johnson Goes Into The Ring Of Honor

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's funny. I have a friend I've known since I was a kid. Huge Niners fan. And of all the great Cowboys players that formed that team, he hates Alvin Harper the most. Bring up that period of time and he'll say "We'd focus on shutting down Irvin, Emmitt, and Novacek as best we could. And just when you thought things were going to swing our way, Alvin Fucking Harper would swoop in and snatch your heart out."

I never get tired of hearing that.
I will forever hate Merton Hanks

data

Forbes #1
The was and maybe still is the most gut-wrenching loss in team history, but can you really say we were "rivals" in 1992?

We'd faced them 3 times in the playoffs prior to that with The Catch game being the 3rd.
The Catch was fourth. Two straight NFCC in 70, 71 and then Divisional in 72. Cowboys won all three.

Ask John Brodie what he thinks of the Cowboys.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
did ESPN/ABC briefly cut off the sound when he said "a-hole"?

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Number one thing Jimmy said he looked for in drafting players: Intelligence....can they learn the plays?....are they coachable?....do they love the game?

I don't think quite a few players on this team would have had a chance to be drafted under teh Jimmy.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
did ESPN/ABC briefly cut off the sound when he said "a-hole"?
I switched to ESPN for the halftime show and they didnt. Im assuming that ABC didnt either??

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The former players attending Jimmy’s big night included Ken Norton Jr., Russell Maryland, Tony Tolbert, Nate Newton, Jay Novacek, Jim Jeffcoat, Tony Casillas, Larry Brown, James Washington, Steve Beuerlein, Ike Holt, Robin Cornish (wife of Frank Cornish), Jimmy Smith, Tim Daniel, Kevin Gogan, Robert Wilson, Dixon Edwards, Greg Briggs, Kevin Smith, Kelvin Martin, Kenny “The Shark” Gant, Lin Elliott :doh , Matt Vanderbeek and Mike Saxon.

Former coaches on Jimmy’s staff from the early 1990s in attendance Saturday night included Dave Campo, Butch Davis and Hudson Houck.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The former players attending Jimmy’s big night included Ken Norton Jr., Russell Maryland, Tony Tolbert, Nate Newton, Jay Novacek, Jim Jeffcoat, Tony Casillas, Larry Brown, James Washington, Steve Beuerlein, Ike Holt, Robin Cornish (wife of Frank Cornish), Jimmy Smith, Tim Daniel, Kevin Gogan, Robert Wilson, Dixon Edwards, Greg Briggs, Kevin Smith, Kelvin Martin, Kenny “The Shark” Gant, Lin Elliott :doh , Matt Vanderbeek and Mike Saxon.

Former coaches on Jimmy’s staff from the early 1990s in attendance Saturday night included Dave Campo, Butch Davis and Hudson Houck.
That looks to be an incomplete list. There were more former players there than that. Three really important ones, to be exact.

p1_

DCC 4Life

The All Stars.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The former players attending Jimmy’s big night included Ken Norton Jr., Russell Maryland, Tony Tolbert, Nate Newton, Jay Novacek, Jim Jeffcoat, Tony Casillas, Larry Brown, James Washington, Steve Beuerlein, Ike Holt, Robin Cornish (wife of Frank Cornish), Jimmy Smith, Tim Daniel, Kevin Gogan, Robert Wilson, Dixon Edwards, Greg Briggs, Kevin Smith, Kelvin Martin, Kenny “The Shark” Gant, Lin Eliot, Matt Vanderbeek and Mike Saxon.

I am trying to look for a snub, but I can't think of one other than Norv Turner.

Good to hear that a lot of them are still alive. I will say that Tim Daniel is not a name I expected to see amongst the invited guests, same for Greg Briggs and Robert Wilson.

It was nice that Jimmy Smith showed up. That was a kind of fuck you to Jerry.

Top Bottom