Jaylon Smith Watch Thread...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Announcer 1: These are some really good linebackers on this Dallas Cowboys team, Announcer 2. Jaylon Smith has come back from what most thought was a career-ending injury and has been the highlight of this young defense so far this season. And Sean Lee, well everyone knows the injuries he's fought through in his career. He ended up making the ProBowl again last year with heady play and the sure tackling he's known for, and he already has 3 interceptions going into the 5th week of the season. Your thoughts?

Announcer 2: Don't you mean RealLee good linebackers?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I mean, he looks downright blazing.

I can't see anyone who says that looks slow. WTF?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm just realee hoping that trusting Smith comes back isn't just a huge leep of faith.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah and the nice thing about Jaylon Smith is that his character is off the charts too. He is the type of guy who is going to work his ass off to be the best player possible. He is going to be in great physical shape and when he hits the field it won't be long before he is a big time leader on the defense.
I read somewhere the other day, maybe Ed Werder, said something along the lines of "He's a more athletic, better in coverage, Rolando McClain, without the character problems."

Yikes.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I read somewhere the other day, maybe Ed Werder, said something along the lines of "He's a more athletic, better in coverage, Rolando McClain, without the character problems."

Yikes.
And his passion just leaps out at you. He draws you in, and I can only imagine the kind of leader he's going to become.

As for the drill, glad to see him push off a bit side to side.

Again I expect he'll be healthy enough to play next year. Real question will be how much he'll be able to absorb though OTA's and TC.

This is his rookie year and first coming off rehab, each of which are strikes against counting on him to be an impact player in the 2017 reg season.

By year's end it will get interesting.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yikes.
Yeah I've always saw more of a Derrick Johnson type. McClain was never this fast and athletic and frankly Jaylon will probably never be as big and strong as McClain. Jaylon does everything you could possibly want a LBer to do. He covers, he is a sound tackler, he takes excellent angles and has some ability to rush the passer. It's the total package including 4.4 speed and agility to cover like a safety.

townsend

Banned
Yeah I've always saw more of a Derrick Johnson type. McClain was never this fast and athletic and frankly Jaylon will probably never be as big and strong as McClain. Jaylon does everything you could possibly want a LBer to do. He covers, he is a sound tackler, he takes excellent angles and has some ability to rush the passer. It's the total package including 4.4 speed and agility to cover like a safety.
I remember in 06 hearing Jeremiah Trotter described, by Parcells I think, as a stand up nose tackle. That seemed more like McClain's role in a defense. Probably why he could be effective when he's always out of shape.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

D

Deuce

BISP

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Is his nickname "The Real"?

Cotton

Staff member
Is his nickname "The Real"?
I guess so but have also has another nickname from Jerry. Jerry declared him to be one of the new triplets.

So The Real or a triplet. Your choice.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I guess so but have also has another nickname from Jerry. Jerry declared him to be one of the new triplets.

So The Real or a triplet. Your choice.

I wish someone would come up with a really good nickname for our LBers. Something catchy, but not too flashy.

Cotton

Staff member
I wish someone would come up with a really good nickname for our LBers. Something catchy, but not too flashy.
I'm going to leave it up to you. I'm quite sure you can come up with something real lee good.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Eh whatever, gonna wait til he proves something on the field before getting too frikkin excited about it.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen this posted anywhere so it's kinda exclusive content right here.

Long story short, a buddy of mine from my veterinarian days nicknamed Ol' Fartbangz(real name's Charlie and I'll tell you in another post how he earned the nickname) shot this video in a little whiskey distillery outside of Swisher, Iowa.

Everyone else was getting plastered at the free sample bar, but Charlie(going to refer to him as Charlie from here on out because it's shorter than Ol' Fartbangs) hears a commotion behind a curtain at the rear of room.

So he goes through the curtains and notices Jaylon's workout. He secretly filmed about 30 minutes of various jumping and running routines, then has no choice but approach the crew when they notice him filming. Well he's a Titans fan through and through, but he never misses the chance to engage other football guys.

When he tells them that he's done some creative video editing professionally, they ask him to set up this video. Charlie was tickled pink and he hopes you enjoy it.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We could sign Hightower and then we could have some reallee high lbers.

Top Bottom