Jaylon Smith Watch Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There is no way the Smith I saw could do what Mack was doing around the :20-26 second mark. Mack is going for broke and risking slipping or falling. Smith is carefully planting his feet.

Look at both move... how can you not see the difference?

And don't get it twisted, what I said was looking at these drills makes me sad to see he's clearly not ready.

I never said he wouldn't be cleared to play. I did say to temper expectations in what will be his rookie year and first back from a major injury.

How's that living in my own world?? Sheesh.
I really don't see a difference at all.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Props to Bruglar, every where else I saw listed him as a third at the very highest. And yeah, 5 sacks for him as a JR at a shit school like Temple is not good in my opinion. At Temple, as a pass rusher? 5 sacks is not good. And yes we were interested in Shazier who ran a sub 4.4 forty. We also didn't have Jaylon Smith who runs a 4.4 forty sitting on the roster at the time either.

I almost feel bad talking negative about Reddick because I like him. I really do. I think he is a way different player then Shazier who I wasn't that high on. But I don't think he is a fit for the Cowboys. It's a square peg in a round hole in the first. But he is a player who I'd like on my team. Just not over the an impact player at a position of real need.
Temple is a shit school?

Man you are all over the place, you know who else had 5 sacks as a junior?

Taco Charlton.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I really don't see a difference at all.
To each their own.

I see he's treating his lower legs gingerly and lifting off squarely planted feet.

Main thing is he's getting better. Hopefully he overcomes the nerve issues enough to really play.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
How many Steelers games have you watched?

Shazier was excellent this year and jumps off the screen with some of the plays he makes. 7 sacks, 4 interceptions, 5 FF's and 13 PD's combined over the last two seasons, doesn't get a whole lot better than that. If he stays healthy he's probably going to be one of the top LB's in the league over the next 5 years.

The injury thing is valid, although he's only missed 5 games over the last two years.
I have to agree here...Shazier seemed to make some really nice plays when I watched the Steelers games...which was honestly about 8-9 games. How he did in the other 7-8 games I couldn't tell you.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have to agree here...Shazier seemed to make some really nice plays when I watched the Steelers games...which was honestly about 8-9 games. How he did in the other 7-8 games I couldn't tell you.
I must have watched the other 7-8 because he was pretty much a non factor. Including our game against them. Pretty weak in run defense really. Solid in coverage. Good LBer but not elite. I wouldn't use a first round pick on a good LBer.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Is his nickname "The Real"?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is his nickname "The Real"?
I guess so but have also has another nickname from Jerry. Jerry declared him to be one of the new triplets.

So The Real or a triplet. Your choice.

Jiggyfly

Banned
How long before Ravi comes in and tell us how gingerly he is running?

Cotton

Staff member
How long before Ravi comes in and tell us how gingerly he is running?
I could kinda sorta (but not really) understand after watching the other videos how someone might still be on the fence, but after watching him push off with his left foot in this video, there should be no doubt left that he is going to be back, and hopefully at 100%.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I guess so but have also has another nickname from Jerry. Jerry declared him to be one of the new triplets.

So The Real or a triplet. Your choice.
Paired with Lee, I see them forming the super-power LB core known as "The Real Lee good LBers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could kinda sorta (but not really) understand after watching the other videos how someone might still be on the fence, but after watching him push off with his left foot in this video, there should be no doubt left that he is going to be back, and hopefully at 100%.
Yeah and the nice thing about Jaylon Smith is that his character is off the charts too. He is the type of guy who is going to work his ass off to be the best player possible. He is going to be in great physical shape and when he hits the field it won't be long before he is a big time leader on the defense.

Cotton

Staff member
Paired with Lee, I see them forming the super-power LB core known as "The Real Lee good LBers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is fantastic work, my good man. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah and the nice thing about Jaylon Smith is that his character is off the charts too. He is the type of guy who is going to work his ass off to be the best player possible. He is going to be in great physical shape.
Yep. I'm trying not to get too excited, because anything can happen, but damn if he comes back 100%.... :drool

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I want to throat punch you right now. Hard. Right in the windpipe.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom