Interesting race topics . . .

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So my bookshelf is dominated by cookbooks who were authored by those who are from or whose ethnicity is French, Korean, Norwegian, Italian, Japanese, Swedish, Iranian, British and ~gasp~ American

How do I decide which ones I can keep?
If the author is white gotta burn them

Last edited:

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I’m already so tired of this “part of the problem,” narrative.
yeah, well, thats part of the problem

take your microaggressions somewhere else kemosabe

please note the use of the sarcasm font

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Appalling and terrifying.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

I really do think the best idea might be to give the lunatics everything to the West of Utah, Arizona, and Idaho, just split it off into it's own seceded country, and let them destroy themselves.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I was an employer I wouldn't want to hire any black person from UCLA simply because I couldn't trust their credentials. These people trying to help do nothing but really make things worse.

I also think it's sad that we now are supposed to pitty someone because of the color of their skins. It invalidates the work and accomplishments that black people really do achieve. Instead they get viewed through the glasses of being a handout. It's sad and frankly it should piss people off who work hard and make their own accomplishments.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Ok I won't pay a single fucking penny in taxes again if you fuckheads approve a single fucking dollar of my money to go to "reparations". I have never owned a slave, you have never been a slave, go cry somewhere else bitch

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Three hundred and fifty THOUSAND dollars per person?

:lol

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Nobody is going to go along with this.

I’m not saying I would stop paying taxes, but I would probably stop paying my taxes.

I’m not irate as others, but me and my kids did nothing to anyone and I don’t think I owe anyone anything for something my ancestors did. Fuck it, why stop there? Why not ask us to kill our first born, or ask white folks to do prison time for what my great great great great grandpa Gomer did to someone(s)?

Fuck all that.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I think everyone deserves $350k for putting up with each other. Why stop at $14.1 trillion?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I really do think the best idea might be to give the lunatics everything to the West of Utah, Arizona, and Idaho, just split it off into it's own seceded country, and let them destroy themselves.
Why can't we just have Red America and Blue America? Let each state decide. Even let some cities into Blue America. The land doesn't need to be contiguous anymore does it?

Oh I'm sorry, I'm sure Amerigo Vespucci was racist, so that name won't do. Maybe Blue Utopia.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Three hundred and fifty THOUSAND dollars per person?

:lol
The hilarious thing is that all that money would soon be frittered away, just like in the Dave Chappelle sketch, and they'd be right back in the same boat again.

I also like how they came to the exact figure of $350,767.00.

Like that extra $767 dollars is part of some mathematical calculation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The hilarious thing is that all that money would soon be frittered away, just like in the Dave Chappelle sketch, and they'd be right back in the same boat again.

I also like how they came to the exact figure of $350,767.00.

Like that extra $767 dollars is part of some mathematical calculation.
Talk about wanting to be bought off. Well hey, we won't talk about white privilege anymore if you just give us $350,767.00 to give us a fair start. GTFO of here with that shit. It wouldn't change shit except to create a bunch of animosity between people. There are a lot of people who work their entire life to have that kind of savings. And you're going to just hand that to some people and not others because of the color of their skin? And it's going to be paid for on the backs of millions of Americans who won't ever see that in their lifetime? Whose parents never saw it in their lifetime either? But somehow one person is more deserving of it than another?

I caught the end of some bullshit on the Oprah network with a lady spouting that reparations are the only thing that will make things fair again. It's like some people have no concept of how racism works, they just want free shit.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Talk about wanting to be bought off. Well hey, we won't talk about white privilege anymore if you just give us $350,767.00 to give us a fair start. GTFO of here with that shit. It wouldn't change shit except to create a bunch of animosity between people. There are a lot of people who work their entire life to have that kind of savings. And you're going to just hand that to some people and not others because of the color of their skin? And it's going to be paid for on the backs of millions of Americans who won't ever see that in their lifetime? Whose parents never saw it in their lifetime either? But somehow one person is more deserving of it than another?

I caught the end of some bullshit on the Oprah network with a lady spouting that reparations are the only thing that will make things fair again. It's like some people have no concept of how racism works, they just want free shit.
It's people who are simply ignoramuses of how economics work. It's the same fools who are constantly rambling on and on about gender wage gaps, racial and class wealth gaps, etc. They honestly believe that the problem is that the 1% is hoarding all the money and that's why they don't have any.

And that's why ideas like reparations gain traction, because if only the lower class 70% could get a one-time boost that puts them on par with the 25% upper middle class, at the expense of the 1% of elites, then things would be balanced!

Wealth is ultimately meaningless in the long term, because the nature of humans is to consume and degrade assets. GROWTH is the most important factor in generating wealth, but growth requires capital AND labor, and it requires knowledge and attention to make sure it is cultivated correctly.

This is not a racial statement, but maybe a class one: I'm sorry, the largest portion of the bottom feeders in this country do not know how to manage money. Even if they did something as "wise," as purchase real property with that $350k, the house degrades over a generation. The value will plummet if they are not constantly investing in the property to make upkeep, upgrades, repairs, keep it maintained. To invest in the property you need income and the ability to work on it. To have income you need employment. To have employment you need education. Otherwise that $350k is squandered in a mere generation with nothing to show for it.

But with good education and good employment, we wouldn't be in the position where they needed "reparations," to begin with because the past few generations would have taken advantage of the system that is currently in place -- a system which is not perfect, but certainly better than it is given credit for.

A system, by the way, that despite all it's calls about racism holding people down, practically begs you to take advantage of it's loopholes - it gives away student loans like free candy. Credit card companies will finance the purchase of necessities near endlessly, and then let you get out of ever paying them back by getting to keep all your devalued stuff and still file bankruptcy. Certain employment offers lifetime pensions and retirement at very young ages. And finally, when you are old, social security and medical coverage are free to you.

These systems are all here already. There are already so many things to take advantage of that will get you out of abject poverty and into at least the lower middle class (which, suffice to say, is where most white people also reside!). These people lack the wherewithal to properly invest $350k wisely to turn it into any more -- at best -- a free house. They don't know how to make the money work for them and improve THEMSELVES to where they can be the agents of long term growth, which is what would spurn this country to a place where there is wealth for all.

And that's the best of them. The worst - as the Dave Chappelle skit indicates -- would not even spend the money as wisely as on real property. And there are many of them too.

If anything, and I'm not even saying this is a good idea - but that "$14.7 trillion," should be invested in some communal growth fund that pays everyone dividends, or somehow is invested in education and work training, etc. But to hand it out with no strings attached is insanity.

Of course, the reason we cannot just set up a $15 trillion endowment to act as a dividend generator for everyone, is because we don't have that much money, and borrowing it incurs more interest to pay than the profit you can gain. So.... back to square one - everyone go to school and work hard.

Top Bottom