How one play defined a stellar career

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All the discussion aside the man holds all the Cowboys passing records so that alone tells me he would have been a better performer in some of the games this season.
Passing records don't win games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for beating this dead horse but it's funny how you went on and on about how Romo could NEVER win 10+ games in back to back seasons and how everyone made excuses for him on it yet if Dak doesn't do it, then it coaching, lack of protection, no running game, etc, etc.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Nope, I'm just not a homer who thinks Romo was something that he wasn't. He was a very good QB who was never capable of carrying the team all on his own like dumbshits like you think.

But sure the guy who literally couldn't make the playoffs in back to back years would carry this team. Welcome to imagination land.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nope, I'm just not a homer who thinks Romo was something that he wasn't. He was a very good QB who was never capable of carrying the team all on his own like dumbshits like you think.

But sure the guy who literally couldn't make the playoffs in back to back years would carry this team. Welcome to imagination land.
That’s completely off the topic. The issue is about this season and whether Romo might have been able to win some of the games that were losses. It’s a simple proposal and questions whether Dak,s inexperience got the best of him and whether Romeo’s experience would have made a ifferent outcome.

data

Forbes #1
That’s completely off the topic. The issue is about this season and whether Romo might have been able to win some of the games that were losses. It’s a simple proposal and questions whether Dak,s inexperience got the best of him and whether Romeo’s experience would have made a ifferent outcome.
How did Dak’s inexperience cost us any games this season? Make him a 7-year veteran and we still lose the same games cuz he flat out isn’t good enough.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How did Dak’s inexperience cost us any games this season? Make him a 7-year veteran and we still lose the same games cuz he flat out isn’t good enough.
Well that is apparently a stance position that Romo could have made a difference.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
'06-'07 ?

kidd

DCC 4Life

I'm sorry. Let's be real and talk about how awesome Dak was in the Redskins game...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm sorry. Let's be real and talk about how awesome Dak was in the Redskins game...
Or we could be even more real and give you your own very special thread to pine away for your man crush and blast the guy that we are tied to at the moment.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or we could be even more real and give you your own very special thread to pine away for your man crush and blast the guy that we are tied to at the moment.
No kidding, amazing how Romo becomes a perenial playoff QB as soon as he retires.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Who was blasting Dak? Certainly not me. I'm pulling for the guy, Sorry for having the audacity to think a veteran QB may have one a few games this year that our current QB who's going through a bit of a sophomore slump compared to last year.

Besides, I never brought any of this up. Other posters mentioned that Romo might have won some games that Dak couldn't. Then Crock wants to come in here spouting nonsense in order to prop up Dak.

It's also funny that nothing ever kept you from blasting Romo when we were tied to him but now i'm the asshole here?

Get over yourself!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Who was blasting Dak? Certainly not me. I'm pulling for the guy,
Yep, the snide comment about the Redskins game really showed me how much you are rooting for him.

It's also funny that nothing ever kept you from blasting Romo when we were tied to him but now i'm the asshole here?
Tied to a young QB not even through his second year hoping he pans out is totally different than hitching your wagon to an experienced guy, crippling your cap and structuring your offense around him, only to have the player disappoint.

Had we got Romo a more balanced offense and relied on him less, he may have actually gone beyond the divisional round in his career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No kidding, amazing how Romo becomes a perenial playoff QB as soon as he retires.
To fan boys like Kidd, he was a Hall of Famer that was just a victim of bad teams around him even when he was playing.

Yeah, we went through some bad .500 teams that sucked, but Romo had his own part in those middle of the road finishes.

That is what I don't get about the reverence.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The organization has moved on. The fan base (for the most part) has moved on. We have had this tired ass argument over and over again. I’m closing this thread.
Do that if you must. But I can tell you this, Prescott struggling brings the fan boys out of the woodwork. A big chunk of the fanbase has not moved on.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do that if you must. But I can tell you this, Prescott struggling brings the fan boys out of the woodwork. A big chunk of the fanbase has not moved on.
I actually changed my mind right after posting that. Decided it might be needed therapy for some to continue this stupid debate a little further. Now, after this season is over...

kidd

DCC 4Life
Yep, the snide comment about the Redskins game really showed me how much you are rooting for him.
That wasn't a knock on Dak. If you bothered to read the thread instead of calling me fan boy, you would know that I was simply calling out Crock for defending Dak by accusing us of making excuses for Romo while making the same damn excuses for Dak.

Tied to a young QB not even through his second year hoping he pans out is totally different than hitching your wagon to an experienced guy, crippling your cap and structuring your offense around him, only to have the player disappoint.

So next year, it'll be ok to blast Dak? It was Romo's second game of his 3rd season when you and otheres came out against him with such constructive criticism as "not enough angra face!!11!"

Had we got Romo a more balanced offense and relied on him less, he may have actually gone beyond the divisional round in his career.
Couldn't agree more. Funny how when anyone else made this observation, you had your whole "a quarterback needs help!" shtick.

Call me a fan boy if it makes you feel better but you and others here have always been haters of Romo.

Crock, on the other hand had always had a pretty fair assessment of Romo until Dak came along. Now he feels the need to shit on Romo's career just to prop up Dak. I probably went a little overboard comparing him to a Quinthy apologist but still, he's just a touch over board when it comes to Dak.

Top Bottom