How one play defined a stellar career

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He explained it.
Maybe so but I would think that an assessment of Prescott would or should be done based on his own performance, I may have missed the point but Prescott has been proclaimed the starter and has two seasons to view his record. It really doesn’t matter now what Romo would have done or who is the preference.

We have had our what if scenarios several times and there is no reconciling that so to me it’s a matter of now analyzing Prescott and if it is a critical evaluation then so be it without a defense of how good or bad the prior individual was. That is more of a rabbit chase in defense of or aimed at diverting the issues of Prescott’s performance.

To me Prescott had a bad year and has raised the question of whether he has a long term career as the Dallas Cowboys starter.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is the Dak cult desperate to defend their opinion last year when our best QB was benched in favor of a limited rookie whom the rest of the team had rallied around to make him appear better than he was.

This same group somehow thought we could win in the playoffs without the QB leading the way.

So when criticize Dak— and rightly so I don’t care how old he is he still bears a starters responsibility— this group feels like they have to slam Romo.

Romo’s worst game was the 2012 game in Washington.

For or the rest you can blame “pass happiness” on him if you feel you must, but consider how many times that same curse has plagued us THIS YEAR, and looking back I think you’ll have to agree the coaches carry most of the blame.

We we’re lucky to have had Romo. Flat out. He did more to hold Dallas pride together than anyone. Our window of opportunity was 2016, and we blew it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This is the Dak cult desperate to defend their opinion last year when our best QB was benched in favor of a limited rookie whom the rest of the team had rallied around to make him appear better than he was.

This same group somehow thought we could win in the playoffs without the QB leading the way.

So when criticize Dak— and rightly so I don’t care how old he is he still bears a starters responsibility— this group feels like they have to slam Romo.

For or the rest you can blame “pass happiness” on him if you feel you must, but consider how many times that same curse has plagued us THIS YEAR, and looking back I think you’ll have to agree the coaches carry most of the blame.

We we’re lucky to have had Romo. Flat out. He did more to hold Dallas pride together than anyone. Our window of opportunity was 2016, and we blew it.
Umm 1bigfan isn't pro-Dak.

data

Forbes #1
Guarantee that if we didn’t mishandle last year, we’d be losing a divisional playoff game with Romo in 3 weeks.

Our loss.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Guarantee that if we didn’t mishandle last year, we’d be losing a divisional playoff game with Romo in 3 weeks.

Our loss.
There is no way that you can guarantee that. Health plays a big factor in that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Our loss.
Everyone including him knows his body probably could not have taken another full season with Garrett and the Joneses in charge. But the end of last year... that was a missed opportunity.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

We're basically on the same page. My very first post in this thread mentioned that this organization wasted the career of a Hall of Fame caliber QB.

I've mentioned several times that coaching and this organization are why we'd likely still be a .500 team even if Romo were still here.

I'm not sure why you're still complaining about Romo's benching in 2016. The way Dak was playing it was absolutely the right call. I know you want to assume that Romo would have stepped right in and played like the same QB we saw in 2014 but I'm not sure which Romo we would have got. Remember he was a very inconsistent QB in 2015. He had a pretty good week 1 performance but with a couple of INTs mixed in......after that he was fairly average for the most part. Which is why I thought it was smart to stay with the steadier hand, which was working quite well at the time.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
I like to think I'm an intelligent cowboys fan.

I think the jury is still out on whether we've found our QB for years to come.
Precisely. The recent body of work is very unsettling. Dak will not always have a perfect supporting cast around him, and the recent results are in stark contrast to last year. Going forward, we don't know which version of Dak we'll see.

p1_

DCC 4Life
You know what sucks?

The 49ers now have a much better QB than we do.
Thats looking like the steal of the year. I heard where Bellichik (sp) wanted to replace Brady eventually with Garapolo (sp), but Kraft said no. What a difficult position to be in, to have to part ways with a Tom Brady.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know what sucks?

I wish we had their head coach too. Talk about a legit offensive coordinator. I think Kyle Shanahan leaving the Falcons is a big reason for the drop off in that offense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Romo is gone and is not coming back. Can we finally just give it a fucking rest with this tired ass discussion? It has gotten really old.

data

Forbes #1
Romo is gone and is not coming back. Can we finally just give it a fucking rest with this tired ass discussion? It has gotten really old.
It’s the result of our GM and coach.

Get Big.Ben.Parliament on-field performance and problems, get Big.Ben.Parliament discussion.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Precisely. The recent body of work is very unsettling. Dak will not always have a perfect supporting cast around him, and the recent results are in stark contrast to last year. Going forward, we don't know which version of Dak we'll see.
Not saying he’s a future HOFer or anything but he’s definitely headed for an extension.

His rookie year all but guaranteed it, and he’s had several fine moments this year too that show there’s plenty to build on.

But it’s clear he’s no 1st round talent and will need a stronger defense to move forward.

BTW, we should keep drafting QBs. I know this lazy front office won’t, but they should.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Thats looking like the steal of the year. I heard where Bellichik (sp) wanted to replace Brady eventually with Garapolo (sp), but Kraft said no. What a difficult position to be in, to have to part ways with a Tom Brady.
I meant to post that for you guys to talk about. I like that Speak for Yourself show even though I can't stand Colin Cowherd. Anyway, his theory is because Belichick wanted to trade Brady and go with Jimmy G ( I hadn't heard this) and Kraft wouldn't let him, he's saying fine, eff you, if you want to run personnel I'll give away both our backups and I'm out of here the second Brady declines. Because by all reports, the Pats aren't surprised at all by how great Garoppolo looks -- they knew he was this good. So why would they give him away for such a cheap price?

I hate Cowherd but he may be on to something here. What do you guys think?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Imagine a world where we replace a Demarco Murray with Joseph randle.

That was a talking point all the way up to the point when they found a legitimate replacement. This isn't really any different than that.

This organization is showing an alarming lack of foresight with it's inability to replace quality players.

The insufficiency to replace the QB adequately is affecting us to this day, and that makes it a legitimate topic of conversation in my opinion.

If Dak shows we have nothing to worry about at QB that would end it, or if we replace him with a franchise QB that would end it. Until that happens, we have a QB problem whether we like it or not.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You know what sucks?

Ugh. I can't blame our organization for not trying to trade for him under the circumstances, but he sure would make a world of difference for us.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Ugh. I can't blame our organization for not trying to trade for him under the circumstances, but he sure would make a world of difference for us.
Agreed. Just sucks though.

I can't blame guys like us for thinking Dak was a star. Fuck, look at what he did last year. Hitting bombs and everything else. This year....he sucked a lot of the time. You would think the "professionals" in the organization would have had an idea but they seemed as starstruck as the fans.

A lot of those unnamed professionals that were quoted as saying if you think Dak is better than Wentz then you are nuts were fucking spot on last year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Imagine a world where we replace a Demarco Murray with Joseph randle.

That was a talking point all the way up to the point when they found a legitimate replacement. This isn't really any different than that.

This organization is showing an alarming lack of foresight with it's inability to replace quality players.

The insufficiency to replace the QB adequately is affecting us to this day, and that makes it a legitimate topic of conversation in my opinion.

If Dak shows we have nothing to worry about at QB that would end it, or if we replace him with a franchise QB that would end it. Until that happens, we have a QB problem whether we like it or not.
None of that has anything to do with Romo.

Top Bottom