mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
She did not press charges.

I think she liked it.
And, that's how bad relationships continue.

Also, wth did he eat? Did he literally just bunker down under the house and not come out for a few days?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And, that's how bad relationships continue.

Also, wth did he eat? Did he literally just bunker down under the house and not come out for a few days?
Just drank a lot of beer and prolly pissed everywhere.

He's a carpenter, so I feel this discussion is pertinent to the thread.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I am about to begin a bathroom build.

Do we have any plumbers in the house?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I am about to begin a bathroom build.

Do we have any plumbers in the house?
Not a plumber, but I did a tub to shower conversion and had to chip plumbing out of the slab, move two drains, and redo the plumbing in the wall...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Not a plumber, but I did a tub to shower conversion and had to chip plumbing out of the slab, move two drains, and redo the plumbing in the wall...
I'm with you, man...but I frikkin hate plumbing.

Usually go outside and beat my head on the sidewalk before any plumbing project just to get in the plumbing zone.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm with you, man...but I frikkin hate plumbing.

Usually go outside and beat my head on the sidewalk before any plumbing project just to get in the plumbing zone.
Plumbing is actually pretty easy, especially with PEX and sharkbites now so you don't have to solder every copper joint. Also as long as you don't have to do any digging, I'm using equipment or hiring a couple Home Depot meskins for that shit

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Plumbing is actually pretty easy, especially with PEX and sharkbites now so you don't have to solder every copper joint. Also as long as you don't have to do any digging, I'm using equipment or hiring a couple Home Depot meskins for that shit
My nephew's grandpa is an old plumber and I thought my nephew would have learned some tricks. A couple years ago I asked him to help me plumb a new kitchen sink and water heater out in my shit-kicking shed.

I could have done it for prolly $30 in CPVC parts, but I wanted to hang out with him for a bit.

Gave him $200 to help, but we ended up having to go back to the store many times because he didn't know wtf he was doing.

He was trying to use PEX and those high-ass sharkbites you're talking about.

My plumbing looks ghetto as fuck, but it's working.

At some point I'll rip it out and replace with CPVC.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
My nephew's grandpa is an old plumber and I thought my nephew would have learned some tricks. A couple years ago I asked him to help me plumb a new kitchen sink and water heater out in my shit-kicking shed.

I could have done it for prolly $30 in CPVC parts, but I wanted to hang out with him for a bit.

Gave him $200 to help, but we ended up having to go back to the store many times because he didn't know wtf he was doing.

He was trying to use PEX and those high-ass sharkbites you're talking about.

My plumbing looks ghetto as fuck, but it's working.

At some point I'll rip it out and replace with CPVC.
PEX is easy but you have to have a good PEX crimper. Sharkbites I keep some on hand for emergency repairs mostly but have used the couplers to convert copper to PEX just cause I didn't feel like soldering a cheaper fitting

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
PEX is easy but you have to have a good PEX crimper. Sharkbites I keep some on hand for emergency repairs mostly but have used the couplers to convert copper to PEX just cause I didn't feel like soldering a cheaper fitting
I had never used it before, and those fittings are expensive as hell.

That PEX reminds me of a grey pipe that used to be installed in mobile homes. That shit would bust in extreme weather, hot or cold, then make the pressboard floors swell up before crumbling apart...leaving a huge hole in the floor.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I had never used it before, and those fittings are expensive as hell.

That PEX reminds me of a grey pipe that used to be installed in mobile homes. That shit would bust in extreme weather, hot or cold, then make the pressboard floors swell up before crumbling apart...leaving a huge hole in the floor.
Never heard of PEX busting from weather, only leaks from not getting the crimp right but you see that right away. It meets code compliance without even putting on pipe insulation on exterior wall usage. Being able to bend it into a 90/45/etc is really nice too

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, Pex is very easy. I would say it's easier than CPVC, which isn't even code here.

Also, mine was in an outside wall when we had that crazy winter last year, multiple days of 10 below, and my house is old and has 2x4 studs so not a lot of insulation... and it was fine.

I did see that the crimpers have gone up a lot from when I got mine a few years ago. I think mine cost $40 or $50... IIRC they're more like 80 or 90 now. But the tool will last forever.

I do wish I'd used 3/4 pex as it barely costs any more. I didn't realize the 1/2 was a smaller ID than copper.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I do a lot of plumbing.
Don't kid me, Sheik.

If this turns into dirty business about my mama I will just freak.

So have you been laying lots of this PEX pipe?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Never heard of PEX busting from weather, only leaks from not getting the crimp right but you see that right away. It meets code compliance without even putting on pipe insulation on exterior wall usage. Being able to bend it into a 90/45/etc is really nice too
It was polybutylene or some shit.

So you don't need shark elbows for this? Are you kidding me?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It was polybutylene or some shit.

So you don't need shark elbows for this? Are you kidding me?
What? No why would you use expensive ass sharkbites when you can get the crimp tool and fittings for a fraction of the price.

Here-

Edit- Search for a plumbing supply company near you they are usually much cheaper on materials and happy to sell to homeowners, Here I use APEX Supply for pvc/pex/fittings

Also unless it's in a narrow place I'm bending the PEX so I don't even have to use a crimp 90

Last edited:

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Don't kid me, Sheik.

If this turns into dirty business about my mama I will just freak.

So have you been laying lots of this PEX pipe?
I’m serious, I don’t want to boast, but I’m a damn good plumber.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I moved you people's posts from the Test Thread here so you may continue the banter and it makes it uniform.

You are welcome.

Top Bottom