Home Improvement/DIY Projects

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you tell me about this rain thing...
Well we had none for a while during summer and everything was dying. Then we got rain every day and it was over grown as hell. Now we are back to 100 degree temps and no rain. It's been a roller coaster this summer.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well we had none for a while during summer and everything was dying. Then we got rain every day and it was over grown as hell. Now we are back to 100 degree temps and no rain. It's been a roller coaster this summer.
:flip

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I'm not nearly as ambitious to start home remodeling projects as I used to be, but can't afford to pay someone else to do it either.

It's time to start building a bathroom. As soon as summer's over I'll get right on it.

Oh look, football started!
I just paid someone to do mine. MY house was built in 1953, and NEVER got remodeled. At least the bathroom didn't> pink tile with blue toilet, sink, and tub. I am so looking forward to taking a dump in a normal colored shitter. They are supposed to be finishing today, and I will get to see it Thursday. Tried to tell my girlfriend to just hold it till then so I could take it on its maiden voyage, but she wasn't agreeable. bitch

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I just paid someone to do mine. MY house was built in 1953, and NEVER got remodeled. At least the bathroom didn't> pink tile with blue toilet, sink, and tub. I am so looking forward to taking a dump in a normal colored shitter. They are supposed to be finishing today, and I will get to see it Thursday. Tried to tell my girlfriend to just hold it till then so I could take it on its maiden voyage, but she wasn't agreeable. bitch
Yeah, you definitely oughtta get the first shit in the new bathroom.

She better at least not flush it til you get home.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Anyone ever done their own kitchen counter replacement, cutting a granite slab themselves? Is it even worth it to do that?

Floor and Decor sells some slabs that look pretty good.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Anyone ever done their own kitchen counter replacement, cutting a granite slab themselves? Is it even worth it to do that?

Floor and Decor sells some slabs that look pretty good.
Yeah, the hard part is seaming and polishing.

It’s heavy as hell too, have One more person than you think you need to help move and set in place.

Cutting is the easy part. If I’m being honest, I would recommend having it installed by someone that does it every day. Save the money you spend on another project.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Cutting is the easy part. If I’m being honest, I would recommend having it installed by someone that does it every day. Save the money you spend on another project.
Thanks, I kind of suspected that.

My counters aren't that big and are broken up into mostly smaller pieces, so I wonder if I could find a deal on something they have remnants of.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Thanks, I kind of suspected that.

My counters aren't that big and are broken up into mostly smaller pieces, so I wonder if I could find a deal on something they have remnants of.
If that’s the case, and you don’t have any inside or outside corners, you could do it with help.

It’s a double edged sword when cutting out for the sink. I would suggest you cut it out after installing the slab.

I’ve seen many slabs crack after the hole is cut out while carrying it in.

A great granite guy can hide cracks, though. They’re amazing with that epoxy and polishing.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah, the hard part is seaming and polishing.

It’s heavy as hell too, have One more person than you think you need to help move and set in place.

Stupid ass question, but what did you cut it with?

I have a couple reclaimed pieces of granite i'd like to trim for my outdoor kitchen.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Stupid ass question, but what did you cut it with?

I have a couple reclaimed pieces of granite i'd like to trim for my outdoor kitchen.
They make those saws that look kind of like a more compact Skil saw that takes a diamond blade, too. Might be worth 80 bucks or whatever for one if you tried it. I don't think I could cut a straight enough line with a grinder.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom