Hill: Sam Williams Arrested

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wonder why he was pulled over in the first place. No one seems to be reporting that.
I suppose he could have gotten it from out of state.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm surprised this stayed quiet in Dallas for over 48 hours.

He's too talented to be made an example out of by the team. So I don't expect the team to discipline him. My guess is the league hits him with a 2 or 3 game suspension.

That suspension probably won't come until next season though since Goodell and the league's disciplinarians have backed off rushing to punish before the legal process has played out. That buys the Cowboys time to put together a contingency plan for 2024 should Williams continue down this path of poor decisions.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Because we don’t license firearms in most states. The person is licensed to carry the firearm. Firearm licensing/registration is what a lot of the democrats want and it is stupid.
Back in the day it seemed to make sense because that registration data could be used to help solve crimes and such. But they've gotten so good at firearm forensics that you really don't need the registration info to tie the weapon to a suspect.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Frank Clark was arrested for illegal guns or whatever twice in 2021, he was suspended for 2 games over a year later in 2022, so this tracks.
Good point.

Jones' comments obviously illustrate how much of a shit he gives.

The end result is I start looking for a new rush end soon if the behavior continues.

It is very simple. There comes a time when talent will not trump the behavior.

He is nowhere near the kind of charity case that Randy Gregory was. I also don't think he is as complex.

I really think he is not very intelligent and as a result, we need to at least be stirred to the point of getting someone responsible for challenging his spirit, breaking him down and making him humble.

This is not a potential Micah Parsons with a learning disability that you really need to work with. This is a Dollar General Micah Parsons wannabe who happens to make poor decisions both on and off the field.

That is the one thing he is consistent about.

In terms of a behavioral issue, he will need to be handled just like you do for a college kid that fucks around on the weekend.

Since he is Quinn's boy, I hope he at least gets the Fat Mike "Charley Fuck-A-Round" speech.

I would treat this distraction just as bad as a fight on the field.

Take a page out of Stefanski's approach in Cleveland. He already is going to be out for a game or two. Might as well make him work for the preseason check for the inconvenience of the distraction to the rest of the players on the football team that doesn't have their head perpetually up their ass. Make him play the entire damn game against the Raiders as punishment. In addition to a large fine out of his check.

My version of that speech would show some care and concern. I might even bring Quinn in there as a method of accountability. Nuh uh my backwards cap man oh yeah, you are gonna own this. At the end of the care and concern, I simply change the tone abruptly and begin to ask Sam (don't forget he had a pretentious name change at one time) about what he wants to be in life. From what I see, I gotta say, are you a fuckin' retard or what? Vape pen? If you want good shit, let my secretary know. Jesus Christ. Get your shit together, DQ your job is to get him together and both of you get the fuck out of my office.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Frank Clark was arrested for illegal guns or whatever twice in 2021, he was suspended for 2 games over a year later in 2022, so this tracks.
Yep. Pretty much what I said as well. Not gun related, but we saw it with Alvin Kamara's case as well. Unless it's something crazy serious like Henry Ruggs' situation, the league is now allowing things to play out in court before handing down punishment.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Good point.

Jones' comments obviously illustrate how much of a shit he gives.

The end result is I start looking for a new rush end soon if the behavior continues.

It is very simple. There comes a time when talent will not trump the be

He is nowhere near the kind of charity case that Randy Gregory was. I also don't think he is as complex.

I really think he is not very intelligent and as a result, we need

This is not a potential Micah Parsons with a learning disability. This is a Dollar General Micah Parsons wannabe who happens to make poor decisions both on and off the field.

In terms of a behavioral issue, he will need to be handled just like you do for a college kid that fucks around on the weekend.

Since he is Quinn's boy, I hope he at least gets the Fat Mike "Charley Fuck-A-Round" speech.
Yea if I was running the team and making decisions in the draft I wouldn't even factor Williams in. If he can keep his shit together and excel, great, but I'm not penciling this guy in as a starter for the next 3-5 years like I am with someone like Tyler or Bland.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's really weird.

I get the spirit of it, but it shouldn't suddenly be a felony when each infraction separately is considered minor.
It sounds like another one of those antiquated holdovers from the "War on Drugs" where they get to treat you like a serial axe murderer over minor drug offenses.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It sounds like another one of those antiquated holdovers from the "War on Drugs" where they get to treat you like a serial axe murderer over minor drug offenses.
I just find the juxtaposition of the two laws and severity intriguing.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
This sounds alot worse than it is. The Gun thing is kind of confusing. It’s only illegal because he had a vape pen also?

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom