Garrett Watch Thread...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I believe so, yes.
Seems like I remember Parcells saying that "pretty boy" Witten could learn a thing or two from Campbell in the blocking department.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sadly this is fact.

Belichick could be on the market and Jerry would show no interest in him because he wouldn't get the credit for winning and because Belichick wouldn't be a yes man.

Jerry's been through that "horrible" experience before with Jimmy Johnson. Never again.
Parcells came in

lostxn

DCC 4Life
A new stadium was on the line. Special circumstance.
I think Jerry impending celestial departure is the new special circumstance. I bet we're gonna get somebody good this time. Think Steven is going to weight heavily on the decision. I know some of you parse his words and don't like him much, but I have to believe he's a big upgrade over Jurrah. Otherwise I might as well start rooting for New Orleans FT.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think Jerry impending celestial departure is the new special circumstance. I bet we're gonna get somebody good this time. Think Steven is going to weight heavily on the decision. I know some of you parse his words and don't like him much, but I have to believe he's a big upgrade over Jurrah. Otherwise I might as well start rooting for New Orleans FT.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Jerry's been through that "horrible" experience before with Jimmy Johnson. Never again.
Crazy isn't it?

I think he's still reeling from the fact he was completely marginalized during Jimmys tenure; partially due to the fact that Jerry was swamped trying to fix the organizations finances and then by the contract Jimmy was astute enough to get that gave him so much control, not to mention Jimmy's large than life personality.

I ran across a reunion video the other day and it was striking how little attention jeri gets in this event from all the players, coaches, etc that were part of those wonderful years. The event wasn't even held on any of the Cowboy properties (which I wonder if Aikman was smart enough to avoid in order to keep Jerry's greedy paws off of and from trying to control the affaire)

Check it out, its awesome to see, especially because jeri is mostly an afterthought:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just got out of the movie and got home. I was hoping for balloons and fucking unicorns dancing in this thread, and all I got was temporary ecstasy and then extreme let down. :budd

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm in favor of moving on from Garrett at this point but I do have to say if they turn around and announce that he's being retained here, I'm going to enjoy watching the meltdown from 3-4 posters.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Part of me thinks Schmitty would actually be really happy if Garrett returns. A chance for Garrett to prove he was right all these years.
He's like Jerry. Just has to make sure his project succeeds.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Yeah sounds nice but rooting for an NFL team sort of loses it's meaning when you just pick another team every time your's is going nowhere.
I feel ya.

I wish I could switch teams but I am hopelessly attached to the team I fell in love with as a kid, like someone still smitten over their first love that got away and is never coming back.

I grew up within a 1/4 mile of the old practice facility, went to school with the players kids like Mel Renfros son, etc; dumpster dived for jerseys and pads at the practice facility, stood on egg crates to watch them practice, got autographs after (and by knocking on the doors of the players houses where the wives would give us signed pictures---should have kept those). I'm forever bonded with something that has been in a coma for 25 years with no signs of awakening and yet I cant walk away, its pathetic

Here's a kid I grew up with with Harvey Martin next to where the practice filed used to be:

good times...

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m rooting for Garrett to keep his job now.

Not to piss anyone off, but that picture from this morning is pulling at my heart strings still, and nothing is getting better in Dallas anyway with the current structure.

Don’t shoot me, Iamtdg, I’m not running you. Just my feelings, man.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You may witness the board having one less member if you push it.
:lol

Push what? I can comment on people acting like fools if I want. You guys feel free to do it to me all the time.

Or is there a list of acceptable topics we can mock each other about now?

I'm not trolling anyone. But if some people flip their lids and go on diatribes, it will certainly be fun to watch.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Push what? I can comment on people acting like fools if I want. You guys feel free to do it to me all the time.

Or is there a list of acceptable topics we can mock each other about now?

I'm not trolling anyone. But if some people flip their lids and go on diatribes, it will certainly be fun to watch.
90% of your posts are either defending Garrett or bringing him up. I'm telling you, you might want to chill just a hair. I'm perfectly fine with you discussing shit, but you seek out posts to troll. We have never had many rules here, but there are limits.

Top Bottom