Garrett Watch Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I’m rooting for Garrett to keep his job now.

Not to piss anyone off, but that picture from this morning is pulling at my heart strings still, and nothing is getting better in Dallas anyway with the current structure.

Don’t shoot me, Iamtdg, I’m not running you. Just my feelings, man.

:lol

Push what? I can comment on people acting like fools if I want. You guys feel free to do it to me all the time.

Or is there a list of acceptable topics we can mock each other about now?

I'm not trolling anyone. But if some people flip their lids and go on diatribes, it will certainly be fun to watch.
It will happen with me. I’ve been watching this team since the Danny White years and it’s definitely been a long embarrassing ride. But I can tell you this will be it from me. If GARRETT is retained I won’t invest anymore of my time watching this team anymore. I just won’t. My schedule is always adjusted to the Cowboys and that will stop until that moron of a coach is gone. I really doubt he will stay though. But if he does, I’m done.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Push what? I can comment on people acting like fools if I want. You guys feel free to do it to me all the time.

Or is there a list of acceptable topics we can mock each other about now?

I'm not trolling anyone. But if some people flip their lids and go on diatribes, it will certainly be fun to watch.
I'd agree with this.

You may be galactically misguided, but you aren't doing anything wrong, imo.

And I agree. Nobody loves to witness a good meltdown more than me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I’m rooting for Garrett to keep his job now.

Not to piss anyone off, but that picture from this morning is pulling at my heart strings still, and nothing is getting better in Dallas anyway with the current structure.

Don’t shoot me, Iamtdg, I’m not running you. Just my feelings, man.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Part of me thinks Schmitty would actually be really happy if Garrett returns. A chance for Garrett to prove he was right all these years.
I like Garrett, but the time has come. My personal opinion on him was, he navigated the team through a rebuild, albeit one that probably took too long, but whatever, the GM gave him an extended chance.

Then he began to turn the corner with Romo (2014). Then Romo got hurt (2015), which I felt very strongly he deserved a mulligan for. Then he returned them to Division Champs/Divisional Round again (2016), again after losing Romo, and I felt that was his strongest coaching year to date, and that his arrow was maybe pointed upwards. My feeling was, if you are forgiving the rebuilding years, you don't fire him with two division champs in three years even after another disappointing playoff loss to Green Bay.

Then 2017 wasn't good, but it again was accompanied by a ridiculous screw job by the NFL in the Elliott suspension. Maybe he should have overcome that, but again I felt like in the absence of a Sean Payton type being imported, I was willing to wait and see. By that time I was saying, though, "I'd approve of a targeted improvement if one could be found."

In 2018, he was on pace for termination, but then he turned around and won 7 of 8 games including a playoff win. Again, hard to fire the coach after now a third trip to the Divisional Round in 5 seasons, including playoff wins, but of course, the writing was on the wall that more was needed at this point.

2019 was make or break and he broke. And there were no real excuses this year: They had a favorable schedule and pretty good health. Nothing you can say about it. At some point you run out of steam and it's now unarguable.

I don't think anyone could definitely say he "could not have" won here, because these things come down to very small margins, and a lot of average coaches have appeared in championship games and Super Bowls, but at the end of the day he didn't get it done. Life moves on.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well with the way Jerry is dragging his feet on this we absolutely dodged a bullet with the Eagles winning

Smitty

DCC 4Life
90% of your posts are either defending Garrett or bringing him up. I'm telling you, you might want to chill just a hair. I'm perfectly fine with you discussing shit, but you seek out posts to troll. We have never had many rules here, but there are limits.
90% of the threads here devolve into blaming Garrett, I just weigh in with an opinion that is counter culture on the board as currently constructed.

I'm not even defending him at present really.... I agree he's toast and deservedly so.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It will happen with me. I’ve been watching this team since the Danny White years and it’s definitely been a long embarrassing ride. But I can tell you this will be it from me. If GARRETT is retained I won’t invest anymore of my time watching this team anymore. I just won’t. My schedule is always adjusted to the Cowboys and that will stop until that moron of a coach is gone. I really doubt he will stay though. But if he does, I’m done.
He's not staying. They've been preparing everyone for his departure for two months now.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
Please give me some good news. I really like the idea of canning the entire staff, but when I first saw that tweet I thought, no damn way Jerry does that. I fully expected even with a new coach that he would force some of the staff on the new guy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Please give me some good news. I really like the idea of canning the entire staff, but when I first saw that tweet I thought, no damn way Jerry does that. I fully expected even with a new coach that he would force some of the staff on the new guy.
I expect that most of the staff will be eventually replaced, if its not announced today or tomorrow even.

There will probably be a few surprise (hopefully not unpleasant) holdovers, though, because that's how this team operates.

Cotton

Staff member
Well you can't blame me for commenting on what you guys are talking about, then. Unless your edict is that I'm not allowed to disagree. There's a difference between honest disagreement and trolling.
You troll, Smitty. I don't mind you disagreeing. I mean, this is a discussion forum after all, but for the last 2 years you have been slowly dying on this hill. Let's just get Garrett gone and you can go back to being a normal poster.

Top Bottom