Garrett Watch Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Campbell played here as a backup to Witten and as a blocking TE for a couple years. I'd hardly say he's in the family portrait.
I'd say he is more a Parcells guy than anything. And then he coached under a great head coach in Sean Payton. You can't rule everyone out because they had a cup of coffee with the Cowboys. Shit if Sean Payton was free would people want to shoot him down because he coached here before?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he has some promise and I strongly believe that Garrett progressively took more control of the offense as the season went on, so we never got to truly see what Moore could and couldn't do.

Having said that, I still prefer to go another direction because this is a very inexperienced guy who wasn't qualified to be given the quarterback coach assignment and was even less qualified to be an offensive coordinator.

I'd prefer to get someone with more skins on the wall than to let this guy learn on the job.

I think we've suffered through enough of that over the last 10 years.
Admittedly I like the guy. But he needs to be like an offensive quality control coach or something similar where he can kind of learn and cut his teeth. It's unlikely that is in Dallas as it would be a demotion but I don't hate the guy as a coach the way I do Garrett, Marinelli and our special teams coach.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

:lol

GShock

DCC 4Life
Jerry's competing with Snyder and Gettleman for HC talent.

I am both scared and amused.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
There is no way Jerry isn’t considering how much backlash he’ll get if he keeps Garrett.
and that probably just motivates him to keep Garrett

jeri pays lip service to the fans but his actions tell us he despises them as much they do him

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
If true I think this bodes well that Jerry isn't going to force assistants on the next HC, hopefully at least.
Problem is we'll still end up with this bullshit:

with this underlying philosophy:

When the war room stops looking like this, my hope for a better future will be resurrected

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Campbell played here as a backup to Witten and as a blocking TE for a couple years. I'd hardly say he's in the family portrait.
Wasn't Campbell signed the year Witten was drafted?
This would only be Garrett, Marinelli, Richard, Bloom, and Leon Lett, though, right?

Top Bottom