Gameday Chatter Thread - Week 3 | Cowboys at Rams| 09/21/14

Carp

DCC 4Life
I know onus is on D to make a stop, but after what Manning did in last minute, doesn't he deserve the opportunity to match that TD? OT rules need tweaking a little more I think.
I disagree...your D has to have some responsibility in OT.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I know onus is on D to make a stop, but after what Manning did in last minute, doesn't he deserve the opportunity to match that TD? OT rules need tweaking a little more I think.
I disagree but I can see it coming.

They do it in college so it's not completely foreign.

Carl

RIP Brother
I disagree...your D has to have some responsibility in OT.
You are probably correct, just difficult to watch Peyton on the sideline with helmet on, able to do nothing; especially after that last drive.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There was a time I wouldn't have even been in favor of changing it from sudden death.

But the way the game is skewed towards offenses these days, I kinda do think that it's only fair that the other offense get a chance.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You are probably correct, just difficult to watch Peyton on the sideline with helmet on, able to do nothing; especially after that last drive.
Yeah...tough not to see him get a shot, but credit Wilson for a big drive.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There was a time I wouldn't have even been in favor of changing it from sudden death.

But the way the game is skewed towards offenses these days, I kinda do think that it's only fair that the other offense get a chance.
The only way I'd agree is if both teams had to go for 2.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Kind of leaning towards Carolina being the 2nd best team in the NFC. Arizona has a real good argument too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
After watching his last drive, I honestly think Russell Wilson is the next coming of Roger Staubach.

Yeah, I said it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
After watching his last drive, I honestly think Russell Wilson is the next coming of Roger Staubach.

Yeah, I said it.
I just did not think he was that good when he came out. Thought they should have started Flynn, but I was terribly wrong. He is just a stat sheet stuffer...does it all.

D

Deuce

Seattle can run that little misdirection pass to Harvin any time they want. That was nice play calling.
That's the kind if play missing from the Dallas playbook.

Of course, if it were in there we'd probably run it to Witten.

Carl

RIP Brother
Haven't rechecked, but today the team had 3 or 4 penalties. That is a huge improvement. Long may it continue.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That's the kind if play missing from the Dallas playbook.

Of course, if it were in there we'd probably run it to Witten.
I don't understand over thinking like that. Pitt just got cute and tried to run a screen to Will Johnson...I do not get the thought process of throwing screens to slower players.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I know Williams only got 2 catches, but he is such an upgrade at the #2 WR. He is just where he is supposed to and the 2 catches in the 4th were perfectly run routes.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
But we don't have much speed on O. Maybe Dunbar?
Harris, Beasley or Dunbar are options. They have enough initial quickness and enough moves to make something happen. I agree with Carp, why throw a pass like that to a slower guy or a player that doesn't at least have a quick first step?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's the fault of Peyton's defense, not the fault of the OT rules.

Top Bottom