Gameday Chatter Thread - Week 3 | Cowboys at Rams| 09/21/14

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hyde is a stud...looks in much better shape than at OSU. Still waiting to see Lattimore too.

Carp

DCC 4Life
~gets Kleenex out, turns the light dimmer down~

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feel like there were more opportunities to burn them through the air because they basically had 8 in the box all day.
I think they knew going into the game that they were facing one of the best running teams in the NFL and the best RBs in the NFL right now. The Rams would have had to be idiots to not go into that game trying to stop the run. Overall I think our offense performed pretty well. The two turnovers were killer but I don't think there is that much to bitch about with regards to our offense other then those.

data

Forbes #1
If State Farm is doing 90s characters rehashes, they should go with Wayne's World next.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
I think they knew going into the game that they were facing one of the best running teams in the NFL and the best RBs in the NFL right now. The Rams would have had to be idiots to not go into that game trying to stop the run. Overall I think our offense performed pretty well. The two turnovers were killer but I don't think there is that much to bitch about with regards to our offense other then those.
Agreed, we scored 27 points on offense, and really should have been at least 30 if not for Murray's fumble.

data

Forbes #1
SAP just had a commercial, at 545pm EST, recommending fantasy players to start Arian Foster today.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not saying it is the exact same thing, but teams did that against Emmitt and our 90s line...and we'd still run it. It wasn't always successful either, but I give Romo and Linehan credit for staying with the run...matter of fact it felt like Romo audibled into more runs today. This team is changing philosophy, so you have to stick with it regardless of the defensive alignment.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Oberto beef jerky is like...hey, let's put the 2 most unlikeable people in the world together in a commercial.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not saying it is the exact same thing, but teams did that against Emmitt and our 90s line...and we'd still run it. It wasn't always successful either, but I give Romo and Linehan credit for staying with the run...matter of fact it felt like Romo audibled into more runs today. This team is changing philosophy, so you have to stick with it regardless of the defensive alignment.
This is exactly right. I thought our play action game looked great today in part because of it. Even with the Rams loading up on the run we were overall able to have some success on the ground. Any time your RB breaks 100 yards you should be happy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pretty impressive to come back from 21 down in basically just under 2.5 quarters. The fact that we stuck with the run was impressive and it keyed the first TD drive which got us back in the game a bit. I also thought Romo looked a bit more comfortable moving in the pocket compared to the first 2 weeks so that was nice.

Defense is still pretty shit but at least they're making some plays and it should improve once McClain and Durant come back, not to mention whatever we can get from Lawrence and Spencer. Hitchens isn't a guy you want starting in an ideal world but he looks like a pretty solid backup/ST'er, which isn't bad out of a 4th round pick.

And of course the OL was dominant again, Tyron shut down Quinn, we ran pretty well against a defense geared to stop the run and Romo had all day on some throws, namely the Dez TD.

I also agree that this team looks like an 8-8 team again, which is no surprise, but we'll see. Graham might put up about 200 against us next week though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty impressive to come back from 21 down in basically just under 2.5 quarters. The fact that we stuck with the run was impressive and it keyed the first TD drive which got us back in the game a bit. I also thought Romo looked a bit more comfortable moving in the pocket compared to the first 2 weeks so that was nice.

Defense is still pretty shit but at least they're making some plays and it should improve once McClain and Durant come back, not to mention whatever we can get from Lawrence and Spencer. Hitchens isn't a guy you want starting in an ideal world but he looks like a pretty solid backup/ST'er, which isn't bad out of a 4th round pick.

And of course the OL was dominant again, Tyron shut down Quinn, we ran pretty well against a defense geared to stop the run and Romo had all day on some throws, namely the Dez TD.

I also agree that this team looks like an 8-8 team again, which is no surprise, but we'll see. Graham might put up about 200 against us next week though.
The funny thing is the two worst defensive players in this game came up with two of the biggest plays for our team. Bruce Carter and Claiborne were abused all game long in the passing game and Carter got knocked back multiple yards while trying to make tackles repeatedly. Yet in the end it's the two turnovers they created that helped to seal the win.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Bad penalty on the 49ers. Skuta dove at Stanton before he started to slide, and hit him shoulder to shoulder.

Top Bottom