Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 7 | Eagles at Cowboys | 10/20/19

lostxn

DCC 4Life
We actually went deep though which was a change from the last 3 weeks. There was also a lot more creativity in the run game. And even in fourth and short situations we did things like ran play fakes and boots instead of the normal run it up the gut with Zeke stuff.
Yeah you're right. I was at the game and frankly while you see somethings better at the game, you miss quite a bit too. For instance, on the Goedhert TD vs LVE, Heath was playing center field and there was nobody else deep and he provided no support to LVE. Horrid safety play.

But watching the TV this am, I seeing the difference in the play-calling you guys are talking about - at least in the first half. Second half we basically just tried to run out fo the clock.

Have to 100% admit, I didn't see this coming.

I was really convinced we'd get rolled tonight.

Just makes the last 3 weeks, and especially last week so mind numbingly frustrating.
Yep, this is the Cowboys since 2003. Roller coaster ride every year. Different players and same results. They ain’t done yet, plenty more ups and downs to go this year.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
:lol

Of course.

It's like a see-saw. Some weeks Garrett is in, some weeks he's out. Mostly on the basis of whether we win or not.

~flush~
Some days Schmitty posts, some days he doesn't. Mostly on the basis of whether Red wins or not.

~flush~

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Some days Schmitty posts, some days he doesn't. Mostly on the basis of whether Red wins or not.

~flush~
Damn he insults Garrett and you can't even recognize his growth. :laff

By the way, not sure anyone said this but Maher had an excellent game. 3/3 FG, 63 yard FG which was a team and personal record, 1 short of the NFL record, hit all his extra points and his kickoffs were consistently deep.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

~flush~
That doesn't even make any sense. I'm basically always here. I was on vacation the past two weekends.

Still doesn't make the idiotic point I was quoting any more accurate.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That doesn't even make any sense. I'm basically always here. I was on vacation the past two weekends.

Still doesn't make the idiotic point I was quoting any more accurate.

You were practically a ghost last week when the vultures were circling above Red. Now that we won, you're a busy beaver again. Funny how that works.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

You were practically a ghost last week when the vultures were circling above Red. Now that we won, you're a busy beaver again. Funny how that works.
Yeah. I was on vacation. Hilarious.

And when I did have time to stop in, I talked about how bad it was.

And even if I was "a ghost", so what? If everyone is making rational points about things being fucked up, then there's not much for me to add, is there?

But then when idiotic things are stated, such as, Garrett's involvement in game planning cycling in and out on a weekly basis, well, that's just too stupid not to comment on.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One of the posters I miss most was a guy that I ended up connected with on FB. His username was something like McGoofy or Mcsomething. He was funny as hell.
Groovy McAwesome was his username I believe.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

That throat injury really did a number on his voice.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I guess Scooter reads here. :towel

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was some PA. The Jarwin TD just to name one, but there was more. There was also a lot more presnap motion this week.
I know we ran play action to Zeke pass to Zeke more than once. One time Dak kept it instead and ran for the TD. The other time he completed the pass to Zeke to get a first down. It was the fourth and 1 play I believe.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Eagles might be falling apart. I wouldn't get my hopes up for the defense just yet.
It's the way the defense played though. Falling apart of not they brought a vicious style of hitting from the get go that we hadn't seen all year. I think it's easy for these guys to get up for the Eagles. But you won't get far with a defense only playing with intensity in 2 games.

Top Bottom