Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 7 | Eagles at Cowboys | 10/20/19

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
the one team that might have a shot from the AFC just lost their QB for 6 weeks.
Latest word is recovery will be 4 possibly 3 weeks

data

Forbes #1
Pre-game, were there any Jets fans quotes talking about how the Cowboys game gives them hope that things have turned around? That they could give the Patriots a run for their money tonight?

:lol Imagine coming in with that mentality and then getting summarily get your shit pushed in like this.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I thought the Jets only sucked because Darnold was out and with him back they were a good team... :tippytoe

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I thought the Jets only sucked because Darnold was out and with him back they were a good team... :tippytoe
It's seeming quite possible that we are just the best of a shitty division

data

Forbes #1
Pre-game, were there any Jets fans quotes talking about how the Cowboys game gives them hope that things have turned around? That they could give the Patriots a run for their money tonight?

:lol Imagine coming in with that mentality and then getting summarily get your shit pushed in like this.
The Jets version of this guy....

p1_

DCC 4Life

maybe they were smelling themselves

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Yep. People forget Jerry did this to Garrett in 2014, too. The team of course had an unexpectedly good year and he got his extension after the season.

Jerry is so superstitious/weird he probably thinks the same thing will happen by making Garrett a lame duck again. This is a guy who bragged on Hard Knocks about Quincy having the same birthday as him, as if that had any significance at all.

It's going to take a collapse to not keep Garrett and I don't think that can possibly happen in this crappy division. Unless there are some major injuries, which would provide the excuse.
At least in 2014, you could argue the team improved over previous years and actually had a decent chance to play in the conference championship game. That's not the case 5 yrs later. 2015, bad. 2016 home field adv, lose in divisional round after shitting the bed in first half, 2017 bad, 2018 started bad, ended decent then get smoked in divisional round again.

I don't see how he is back next year without at LEAST getting to the conf championship game, and likely having to in that game as well.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
pdom said:
The Jets version of this guy....
Now that's a good fan. I bet he's made a punch-in-the-face bet in his life.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I'd say he def has the best chance
for sure but he ain't gonna have home field advantage this year and might have to play an extra game. Pats already have another SB tee'd up barring major injury

the Ravens have been able to compete with the Pats in the past but I have no faith their QB can out dual Belichik & Co but you never know, they just beat Seattle in Seattle

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Freaking unbelievable in this day and age.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
kind of reminds you of Garrett don't it? He does this shit all the time in game. :lol:lol

I'm SO envious of their coaching and organization, I'm spoiled rotten because I grew up with this

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

:window

Top Bottom