Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 4 | Cowboys @ Saints | 09/29/19

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yep, and the excuses for it are fucking bullshit
Make up your mind. Not enough crossing patterns and “shots” downfield, or not enough screens??

Like I said, you don’t know what you are talking about. Your only credibility here is that you’ve adopted the favored scapegoat position.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This analysis is pretty simplistic. Kamara was running for 4.1 ypc and Zeke was running for 2. That's not coaching. They ran successfully when we knew they were running. We couldn't run even when it was 50/50. Honestly I'm pretty stunned by how bad our OL was tonight. If you can't get up for the Saints, wtf...
The analysis is simplistic, but that describes most of the Garrett criticism in general and those who espouse it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Make up your mind. Not enough crossing patterns and “shots” downfield, or not enough screens??

Like I said, you don’t know what you are talking about. Your only credibility here is that you’ve adopted the favored scapegoat position.
Ok titty boy, die on this hill if you want to

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Like you're doing right now for garrett? :lol
I didn’t make up any claims. Are you backing off your idiotic assertion that you knew what routes we were running and how many downfield shots we called?

Because you should.

Maybe if you took an honest look at what happened instead of just spewing the same mindless crap that you clearly have no actual evidence for, we could have a productive conversation.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The story of the game was definitely the OL, particularly the interior, getting whipped. They were obviously horrendous in the run game and that last sack was on Martin/Frederick also.

Prescott was ok but the offense had very limited opportunities with the Saints offense seemingly able to do nothing but hold the ball and bleed the clock. Throw in a few dropped passes, some untimely penalties, the two fumbles (Elliott's wasn't of course), and it was just enough for the Saints to fall into a very odd win.

The play-calling definitely seemed uninspired but I can't really assign blame. I already think Garrett is a mediocre HC at best, we'll see on Moore, but ultimately this game comes down to the interior OL getting consistently whipped, and perhaps Moore's inability to pivot off of that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I didn’t make up any claims. Are you backing off your idiotic assertion that you knew what routes we were running and how many downfield shots we called?

Because you should.

Maybe if you took an honest look at what happened instead of just spewing the same mindless crap that you clearly have no actual evidence for, we could have a productive conversation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The story of the game was definitely the OL, particularly the interior, getting whipped. They were obviously horrendous in the run game and that last sack was on Martin/Frederick also.

Prescott was ok but the offense had very limited opportunities with the Saints offense seemingly able to do nothing but hold the ball and bleed the clock. Throw in a few dropped passes, some untimely penalties, the two fumbles (Elliott's wasn't of course), and it was just enough for the Saints to fall into a very odd win.

The play-calling definitely seemed uninspired but I can't really assign blame. I already think Garrett is a mediocre HC at best, we'll see on Moore, but ultimately this game comes down to the interior OL getting consistently whipped, and perhaps Moore's inability to pivot off of that.
I mean I agree with all this. But once you see your guys getting whipped you have to do something else. What you thoight would work didn't, so do something else. We never did.

Of course it didn't help that our opportunities were limted by the way the Saints were able to eat clock. And of course fumbles to kill 2 promising drives.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

This is the reasonable take away.

But pair a drunk asshole with a couple of pinhead posters who contribute nothing but
trashing of the coach without any insight and you are left with the last half an hour of this board’s postings.

Good to see someone actually watched the game besides me.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Got nothing? Didn’t think so. A retraction would be the smart first move.
Yea go fuck yourself you fat bitch, I'll never retract anything I say to you

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Got nothing? Didn’t think so. A retraction would be the smart first move.
You know I'm gonna hold you down and fuck your titties at the DCC meetup right?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I mean I agree with all this. But once you see your guys getting whipped you have to do something else. What you thoight would work didn't, so do something else. We never did.

Of course it didn't help that our opportunities were limted by the way the Saints were able to eat clock. And of course fumbles to kill 2 promising drives.
I agree - the “coaching” takeaway here should be that we didn’t shorten things up enough. They needed to realize the OL was getting killed and start calling more misdirection, bootlegs, QB options, screens. There was none of that (oh, and jsmith, those are the things I can see that were not called.... unlike your made up claim that you know how many crossing patterns we called).

That, and, the free 3 points we handed them before half.

We held them to only 3 in the second half though. The D was frustrating that it couldn’t get the ball back quickly, but it didn’t lose the game.

We lost not because they out schemed us with their defense.... they mauled Cooper, they pushed us around up front, the shut down our running game and we turned the ball over twice.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
As far as Smith goes, assuming it's a high ankle, he should only miss 3 games and be back after the bye which would be about 5 weeks in total. This team won games starting Fleming, Looney and Su'a-Filo last year, the Patriots won a SB with Fleming starting about half the year, not having Smith for 3 games shouldn't be an excuse for anything.

data

Forbes #1
Just pitiful. Entered this week's games favored to go up 3 games on the Eagles.

Handed on a Brees-less platter and can't even hold.

data

Forbes #1
In the last 5 1/4 years, you can't definitively pin a single Cowboys loss on our head coach.

data

Forbes #1
As far as Smith goes, assuming it's a high ankle, he should only miss 3 games and be back after the bye which would be about 5 weeks in total. This team won games starting Fleming, Looney and Su'a-Filo last year, the Patriots won a SB with Fleming starting about half the year, not having Smith for 3 games shouldn't be an excuse for anything.
This team needs everyone to be healthy. One kink in our process and we fold. The pH level in our water could be off and we'd lose.

data

Forbes #1
Saints lose Drew f'n Brees and go 2-1 against three playoff teams.

That's impressive.

Top Bottom