Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 4 | Cowboys @ Saints | 09/29/19

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Reality is the upcoming schedule is brutal. There aren't any shitty teams outside of the Bears (Lost Trubisky) and most likely the Jets. Split the Eagles, win the Bears and Jets, and this team is lucky to win 4 out of the remaining schedule. I thinks its a distinct possibility this team goes 8-8.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Reality is the upcoming schedule is brutal. There aren't any shitty teams outside of the Bears (Lost Trubisky) and most likely the Jets. Split the Eagles, win the Bears and Jets, and this team is lucky to win 4 out of the remaining schedule. I thinks its a distinct possibility this team goes 8-8.
Reality is that we’re an enigma.

We could face 16 of the greatest teams of all-time reincarnated or 16 high school teams, yet go 8-8 either way

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
If you want to be a contender you don't lose games like these. The Saints were the first good team we've played. And Brees watched from the sidelines. If you think you're going to make a championship run, you find a way to pull off a game like the one tonight. Even if you're being outplayed. Supposedly this is the year the stars align and the pieces are in place. I hate pinning too much importance on one game. But after disposing of three garbage teams I was expecting a road win against a playoff team. We'll see what we're made of next week against GB. I know they're not great but we have to put a complete game together against them. Or personally I'll be genuinely concerned.

midswat

... soon
While I can’t believe anyone would still defend Garrett.... i gotta say threatening to titty fuck the guy who is is pretty lame.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cannot argue here. Apparently they believed they had something they thought they could exploit on the interior of the Saints D.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If you want to be a contender you don't lose games like these. The Saints were the first good team we've played. And Brees watched from the sidelines. If you think you're going to make a championship run, you find a way to pull off a game like the one tonight. Even if you're being outplayed. Supposedly this is the year the stars align and the pieces are in place. I hate pinning too much importance on one game. But after disposing of three garbage teams I was expecting a road win against a playoff team. We'll see what we're made of next week against GB. I know they're not great but we have to put a complete game together against them. Or personally I'll be genuinely concerned.
The Saints lost a game just like this last year. To us. Were they not a contender?

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Cannot argue here. Apparently they believed they had something they thought they could exploit on the interior of the Saints D.
Are you fucking serious? What about all those years you bitched about being too pass happy when this exact thing was happening to their running game over and over again? I always heard you have to keep running to keep them honest.

No? Doesn’t fit whatever hairbrained theory the twitterverse came up with this weekend?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Saints lost a game just like this last year. To us. Were they not a contender?
Exactly. One game this early doesn't mean much. It's how they answer that is key.

I will wait until next week to see if there is no game adjustments or PA that was working.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
While I can’t believe anyone would still defend Garrett.... i gotta say threatening to titty fuck the guy who is is pretty lame.
Not even really “defending,” Garrett. Not on here to make apologies for the staff today. I agreed with and even pointed out a handful of criticisms.

What I’m “defending” is common sense at this point. You get the same handful of people who fly off the handle with no coherent or logical arguments but just say the SAME. OLD. SHIT. simply because the team loses. Every time, without fail.

Lost a game? Outcoached! Yeah, that’s it! We were out coached! Garrett always gets out coached! Post some more memes!

We weren’t running enough crossing routes!

Its just fucking spoiled crybaby nonsense. Waaaaah, we lost, I don’t understand what I’m seeing, so blame the person I perceive to be in charge, and that’s the extent of my ability to contribute to the discussion. It’s fucking old, tired, boring and stupid, but it’s the complete extent of any critical loss analysis we ever get around here anymore.

Top Bottom