ESPN.com shutting down message forums

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That reminds me what happened to ~Tex~………I think that was his name.

I do recall Ace showing up about the same time as Rant...dunno if that was at the beginning or what.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I was on some obscure Cowboys site, can't even remember the name of it now.

But I remember posting something like, "is there even anybody talking about the Cowboys in here? This place is dead as shit"

I got a warning from the moderation, but also received a link to thecowboys.net from this really swell guy whose name I don't distinctly remember.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

I do recall Ace showing up about the same time as Rant...dunno if that was at the beginning or what.

I thought it was *Tex*

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Sentimental sure, but I miss that guy.

He could stroll into any thread and breathe life into it. Kept the board interesting.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I was reading an ESPN article right now and down at the bottom where the comments section would usually be, it says there effective the same day the forums go down, they will only be posting facebook comments.

I guess they are changing all of that up in hopes we cleaning up the material that gets posted there.

They are probably thinking that if people have to post from something personal, they won't be as willing to make vulgar comments.
That's my thinking as well.

Plus I'm sure a lot of it has to do with marketing. This will lead to more clicks to their website and sharing of their articles via social media.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How do you remember Hatch? Seems like he was gone before you showed up. Or were you slumming it around under another username?
Nope, always been Texas Ace. And I was around for DCCI which is why I remember Hatch. Joined prior to the 2005 season......

This is correct. Rant is the one who brought me over sometime in the summer of 2005. He brought me over before the season, but after the epic 2005 draft weekend which I really wish I could have experienced for myself.

He was actually Trojans14 at that time, but then he got banned by SBK, and came back as Rant and just decided to keep that name. He, myself, and Plan9 all met at the Football's Future board.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Nope, always been Texas Ace. And I was around for DCCI which is why I remember Hatch. Joined prior to the 2005 season......

This is correct. Rant is the one who brought me over sometime in the summer of 2005. He brought me over before the season, but after the epic 2005 draft weekend which I really wish I could have experienced for myself.

He was actually Trojans14 at that time, but then he got banned by SBK, and came back as Rant and just decided to keep that name. He, myself, and Plan9 all met at the Football's Future board.
2 out of 3 really ain't that bad... :unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
2 out of 3 really ain't that bad... :unsure
So that's the appreciation I get for getting you onto BF and showing you how to use the 50 cal gun on the tank huh?

I shan't forget this day. :mad

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So that's the appreciation I get for getting you onto BF and showing you how to use the 50 cal gun on the tank huh?

I shan't forget this day. :mad
The only thing I learned was that I needed a new TV, but for that I am grateful.

Props *Ace*

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The only thing I learned was that I needed a new TV, but for that I am grateful.

Props *Ace*
:lol

I've actually been asked of *Tex* was me or my alt, but people don't remember that guy was posting at the same time I was. No need for an alt.

And if I did choose one, it certainly wouldn't be one that had any similarity to this name.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Why haven't you guys from the FF board invited anyone? It seems fairly active.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol

I've actually been asked of *Tex* was me or my alt, but people don't remember that guy was posting at the same time I was. No need for an alt.

And if I did choose one, it certainly wouldn't be one that had any similarity to this name.
Simultaneous posting isn't hard to pull of, *Tex*.....urrr Ace.

All it takes is two computers. Most homes have at least 2 computes in them.

What's your next excuse?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why haven't you guys from the FF board invited anyone? It seems fairly active.
I think Plan9 is still pretty active over there.

Lots of homers, but there were also some good guys too. I don't know if the original group of guys I used to post with are still there, but if they were, it would be nice to bring them over.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Simultaneous posting isn't hard to pull of, *Tex*.....urrr Ace.

All it takes is two computers. Most homes have at least 2 computes in them.

What's your next excuse?
Shiiieeet....if I had 2 username's here, the video game chatter would be the busiest thread in this bitch. :art

1bigfan13

Staff member
Plan9 was inducted into their ROH a couple of months back.

Rant/Trojans14 was inducted as well.

Top Bottom