ESPN.com shutting down message forums

Carl

RIP Brother
It was a fad that I knew wouldn't catch on.....at least not for everyday TV.

I had all of those 3D channels on DirecTv and watched a few min of ESPN the same weekend I bought my 3D capable TV. I never watched it since.
I could never get my glasses to program. Technology is not one of my stronger suits.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It is crazy how many in this thread came from there. Wow. Talk about memories.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Most former ESPNers would have known that if you hadn't change your name from boysRNo1.
He would lose his mind when he was referred to as boysrinmybutt.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The problem with 3D technology is that nobody wants it.

It's jarring to have images popping out at you. The reaction it invariably garners is like a cheap trick, once you've seen it a couple times, it's no longer thrilling, and it takes away from your ability to actually focus on the story.

Stick to improving definition.

D

Deuce

Sorry to destroy your theory on the espn guys.
We don't claim you. The ESPN BipolarFan and current rendition are 2 completely different dudes. I'm convinced the real BipolarFan was lost at sea once and his weird liberal brother took over the account.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are three of us who originally came from the Austin 360 board. Ravi, VA and me. I am not aware of ny others. There are a couple more at one time (CoCo and calcbfan) but they faded away.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There are three of us who originally came from the Austin 360 board. Ravi, VA and me. I am not aware of ny others. There are a couple more at one time (CoCo and calcbfan) but they faded away.
Both of those two are still at the Zone.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We don't claim you. The ESPN BipolarFan and current rendition are 2 completely different dudes. I'm convinced the real BipolarFan was lost at sea once and his weird liberal brother took over the account.
:lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It was a fad that I knew wouldn't catch on.....at least not for everyday TV.

I had all of those 3D channels on DirecTv and watched a few min of ESPN the same weekend I bought my 3D capable TV. I never watched it since.
I looked at it as a fad as well. In fact, it's been a while since I've seen a commercial for 3D TVs. It's probably been at least 18 months. Maybe longer.

As an aside, I started at at the ESPN boards as well. Midswat invited me to the DCC.

A couple of other names that I haven't seen in a while are RyanAustin, Poet Tree, and Raicheldog. I think Raicheldog and Poet Tree briefly posted here during the DCC I era.

D

Deuce

They did. Both good dudes. Pretty much the entire ESPN crew came here but at least half left/got banned.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I seem to remember Poet Tree as being frigging weird.

I could've sworn VA was from Mazevo. Am I thinking of someone else?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I remember some guys thought Raichledog was a female.

We almost had a 'Crying Game' moment back in the day.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Poet Tree made it to DCCII as well if I'm not mistaken.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It is sad to see how message boards disintegrate.

But I have to say, with complete honesty and a manly for realz fist bump...we have good guys.

That's why no matter how shitty the server thing gets. How many incarnations we have gone through...we survive.

Props, fellas.

~sniff~

~holds up lighter, can't light it~
:towel

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Anyone remember the ESPN political forum? It was in some kind of sports forum no one ever used for that purpose.

It was totally dominated by liberals and one guy in particular who I can't remember his name.

When it got busy in there with a lot of high and mighty's arguing politics, here would come Bipolarfan or Bipolarfan2,3, or PartDeux to lead the troll charge to turn it into a professional wrestling forum.

:lol Good times.

Top Bottom