ESPN.com shutting down message forums

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I hardly ever post on the ESPN boards any more. I'll usually poke my head in to the basketball and college football forums from time to time.

I visit this morning and they have a message posted saying the forums will be permanently closed on July 17.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Why? Were they no longer used or was it the level of insanity that goes on with those board?

ESPN is where I started too...I want to say Schmitty brought me to the DCC, but I don't want to give that assface any credit at all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyone left there worth recruiting?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have not even been to the Cowboys board...I guess it might be worth a look though. Although I fear we might get a dbair type.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Why? Were they no longer used or was it the level of insanity that goes on with those board?

ESPN is where I started too...I want to say Schmitty brought me to the DCC, but I don't want to give that assface any credit at all.
Credit?

This could be the evidence we need to run his ass from around here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have not even been to the Cowboys board...I guess it might be worth a look though. Although I fear we might get a dbair type.
Hmmm.

Nevermind.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I started on the ESPN boards as well. I wasn't there long before I came over here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

That's where I started too, and Schmitty also brought me here. Some epic fail on his part...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I started there but none of you assholes told me about this place.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have to say the ESPN guys are a good group. The Mazevo guys? We got issues.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
~Solemn head bow~?

Meh. That's where I migrated here from (:hattip to Schmidtty) but it had gone to shit at that point. Once I stopped posting over there I never went back. It was the beer equivalent to a warm sixer of Natural Light.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is sad to see how message boards disintegrate.

But I have to say, with complete honesty and a manly for realz fist bump...we have good guys.

That's why no matter how shitty the server thing gets. How many incarnations we have gone through...we survive.

Props, fellas.

~sniff~

~holds up lighter, can't light it~

Carl

RIP Brother
Not that this is related, but ESPN has also shut down ESPN 3D. Not a good sign for future of 3D programming.

townsend

Banned
Not that this is related, but ESPN has also shut down ESPN 3D. Not a good sign for future of 3D programming.
3D programming was delivered stillborn. Everybody just dressed it up for awhile and tried to ignore the smell.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It was a fad that I knew wouldn't catch on.....at least not for everyday TV.

I had all of those 3D channels on DirecTv and watched a few min of ESPN the same weekend I bought my 3D capable TV. I never watched it since.

Top Bottom