ESPN.com shutting down message forums

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
booze, wasn't TC.net on rivals.com first? Then moved over when Rivals shut down? I think that is where I first started out in around '99.

With WebTV. :lol:picard

D

Deuce

I remember him irritating me. Who the hell was that one guy...TexRich I think. He was on the espn board and then around for a little while in the earlier DCC days. He is one of the few people on a message board that I might have agreed to fight (& unlike Hostile I can count the number of fistfights I've been in on both hands), sight unseen. There have been plenty of people I don't care for, but that guy got under my skin a lot more than most.
TexRich was a major douche. I do feel bad though cause he went off and started a board with CowboysLoyal who I think is a real cool guy. He and Maximus were 2 ESPNers who just couldn't hack it at the DCC that I miss.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
TexRich was a major douche. I do feel bad though cause he went off and started a board with CowboysLoyal who I think is a real cool guy. He and Maximus were 2 ESPNers who just couldn't hack it at the DCC that I miss.
I liked Maximus was well. Wasn't he from Miami?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
booze, wasn't TC.net on rivals.com first? Then moved over when Rivals shut down? I think that is where I first started out in around '99.

With WebTV. :lol:picard
I think The Ranch was from Rivals...to Scout.com.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, think it was Hatch.

Still don't know, though. :unsure
That Hatch guy used to be a "staff writer" back in the old days of DCC I. He just stopped showing up. There are a few others that just dropped off the planet...I am sure if I sat here and thought about it, I could remember the handles. There is a strong possibility they were Hostile alts. :unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I remember one night in the chat back on DCCI, Hatch told some story about getting freaky with some chick on the beach and splooging on her. :lol

I know Hos is a story teller, but he's not known for those types of stories, is he?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I remember one night in the chat back on DCCI, Hatch told some story about getting freaky with some chick on the beach and splooging on her. :lol

I know Hos is a story teller, but he's not known for those types of stories, is he?
It could have been him drunk. :shrug

D

Deuce

That Hatch guy used to be a "staff writer" back in the old days of DCC I. He just stopped showing up. There are a few others that just dropped off the planet...I am sure if I sat here and thought about it, I could remember the handles. There is a strong possibility they were Hostile alts. :unsure
Wolf?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I forgot about TexRich. TexRich pissed a lot of people off. He was one that was banned here.

Didn't he get banned at the board that he helped create? Dallas Cowboys Fan United....or some nonsense.
I thought it was something along the lines of Cowboys Central.... very similar...

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Yep, some of our best posters come from the ESPN boards...Which is ironic knowing the history of the psychos on those boards.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep, some of our best posters come from the ESPN boards...Which is ironic knowing the history of the psychos on those boards.
I guess that means the cream of the crop psychos are here. :happydance

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was reading an ESPN article right now and down at the bottom where the comments section would usually be, it says there effective the same day the forums go down, they will only be posting facebook comments.

I guess they are changing all of that up in hopes we cleaning up the material that gets posted there.

They are probably thinking that if people have to post from something personal, they won't be as willing to make vulgar comments.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
What happened to Hutch?

Was he from the ESPN boards too?
How do you remember Hatch? Seems like he was gone before you showed up. Or were you slumming it around under another username?

Top Bottom