Elon Musk Buys Twitter

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I just imagined a few guys sitting on their horses talking about these new fangled automobiles.

“that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard! What are you going to do if something breaks on the road? Walk back?! I’ll stick to my horse…”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just imagined a few guys sitting on their horses talking about these new fangled automobiles.

“that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard! What are you going to do if something breaks on the road? Walk back?! I’ll stick to my horse…”
That would have been a valid argument 75 years ago.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
With most EV charging stations taking up to an hour to charge to full, it makes no sense. Those are level 2 chargers and most common, but level 1 takes 24 hours to charge.

Level 3 are the only stations that can charge in less than 20 minutes, and they aren't even compatible with all EVs.

Can you imagine every 300 miles having to sit for an hour? Makes zero sense.
Yeah and that's the problem I drive a ton for work. My schedule someday would never allow me to stop and charge for an hour between court houses. So unless the courts install charging stations it would be really difficult for me.

Cotton

Staff member
I will be perfectly clear, I think EVs are nothing but distraction virtue-signaling nonsense until we start using nuclear power. I don't want to hear anymore about this chest-thumping climate change bullshit until you're truly ready for the alternative.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That would have been a valid argument 75 years ago.
Well that's kind of my perspective. I'm not against electric cars. But I'm just waiting a little longer for the infrastructure and technology to advance more and become more efficient. The very first cars created probably were worse than a horse. They weren't what they are today.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah and that's the problem I drive a ton for work. My schedule someday would never allow me to stop and charge for an hour between court houses. So unless the courts install charging stations it would be really difficult for me.
Hence the infrastructure issue.

Cotton

Staff member
Well that's kind of my perspective. I'm not against electric cars. But I'm just waiting a little longer for the infrastructure and technology to advance more and become more efficient. The very first cars created probably were worse than a horse. They weren't what they are today.
Exactly.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Imagine @UncleMilti buys a Porsche or a bad ass gun that he really don’t need or may be completely impractical…what most people do is go, “nice man, good for you!” Not here.

People that are happy for other people when they do well is the kind of folks I prefer to associate with.

Cotton

Staff member
Imagine @UncleMilti buys a Porsche or a bad ass gun that he really don’t need or may be completely impractical…what most people do is go, “nice man, good for you!” Not here.

People that are happy for other people when they do well is the kind of folks I prefer to associate with.
Nobody is shitting on you for spending your money how you want. And, you don't get to tell Unc what he needs or not, hence why I said multiple posts ago that I don't judge you for what you spend your money on.

Although, I will call out Unc if I think he is foolishly spending his money. I just haven't found an instance to do so, yet.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I want to get an old Prius and put a Cummins 4bt in it and turn the fuel pump up so far it's constant black smoke

Foobio

DCC 4Life
I have a Tesla Model S and it’s an incredible car. Fast as fuck and constantly gets better with software updates. Drove it to Texas and back from my house in Florida last month and it cost me $0. (Free supercharging for the life of the car). And the car charges while it sits at home which is like 99% of the time so I don’t care how long it takes because it’s always full in the morning. Also there are more and more 250 kw chargers so charge times on road trips has come down.

And I didn’t get it for virtue signaling or any of that bullshit. It’s just a superior mode of transportation as far as I’m concerned.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I highly doubt Musk is a dirtbag, but I did tell my wife the other night that between Amber Heard and Grimes, he does seem to be attracted to women who are built like 12 year old boys.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I will be perfectly clear, I think EVs are nothing but distraction virtue-signaling nonsense until we start using nuclear power. I don't want to hear anymore about this chest-thumping climate change bullshit until you're truly ready for the alternative.
You're kinda right, EV are not the fututre, but I doubt it will be nuclear.
They're having problems putting out battery fires, imagine when you have the first meltdown...
Hydrogen seems more likely.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

I just bought an EV myself, but I do live in a city and don't have to travel 500miles to see other human beings, for road trips we take the wives minivan anyways...

Cotton

Staff member
You're kinda right, EV are not the fututre, but I doubt it will be nuclear.
They're having problems putting out battery fires, imagine when you have the first meltdown...
Hydrogen seems more likely.
I do think Hydrogen is probably part of the solution, but times have changes since nuclear plants "melted down". It should be considered because the amount of power one of those things can put out is astronomical.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

EXACTLY.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The Cybertruck looks to be an amazing vehicle. He quad motors has a 0-60 in under 2 seconds. Also, a 14,000 towing capacity. Combine this with self driving and the looks…I’m in. Honestly, I ordered 2 of them for business purposes. I’m curious of how this gaudy sumbich will look fully wrapped in our business logos. It is so ugly that it stands out. Parades, trade shows and just generally driving down the road. It is an experiment that I’m excited about.
I drove one of the EV Ford F150s the other day. I gotta say, for 39,000 it’s a helluva truck.
Would I use one every day? I doubt it, but I wouldn’t dismiss the idea of putting a couple in my fleet to run shit back and forth to the job sites.
I’m anxious to see how yours work out for you brother. I’m guessing they are going to be pretty cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom