Elon Musk Buys Twitter

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
How's that?
He made an offer before figuring out how many members were real and not bots? I don't think his offer was sincere. I think he likes playing the role of hero.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He made an offer before figuring out how many members were real and not bots? I don't think his offer was sincere. I think he likes playing the role of hero.
Or he is smarter than me and you.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
He probably sees it like I do. Why spend $40 billion to protect free speech when the Supreme Court will do it for free when that case eventually makes it way to the courts.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's really what I don't get.

Twitter is something that is hard for me to understand generating that much revenue.

There is no real product and the advertisements are mostly passive if you can overlook them.

Same thing for Facebook.

Ads plus data. It's worth way more than it seems. Twitter made over 3 billion dollars last year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But if they've been lying about their true number of users, and there were way more bots than they claimed, that ad revenue might not remain so high, which I think is a big reason he pulled the bid.

This might be where they get busted for being fraudulent, and I hope they do.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
But if they've been lying about their true number of users, and there were way more bots than they claimed, that ad revenue might not remain so high, which I think is a big reason he pulled the bid.

This might be where they get busted for being fraudulent, and I hope they do.

That's a very good point.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, the blue hairs are sipping their venti green tea espresso goat's milk 25 pump lattes in celebration right now but I don't think this is over.
I don't think it is even close to over.

Top Bottom