Elon Musk Buys Twitter

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Cybertruck ad popped up on my screen and I just clicked order. Got me 2 trucks and some sunglasses that day.

Actually, I considered erthang before your post, asswagon. Like any sane person would when spending 150k. I’m all about that self driving because I get bored when I drive. I’m looking to drive me ass to LBK often when we open that location. Along with Corpus and others possibly.

Teslas are awesome. My cousin has one.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Teslas are awesome. My cousin has one.
And they put out just as much carbon as gas or diesel powered vehicles over their life. The vehicle itself may be awesome, but so is a Lambo.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
And they put out just as much carbon as gas or diesel powered vehicles over their life. The vehicle itself may be awesome, but so is a Lambo.
I'm not understanding how emissions got involved in the discussion. You're arguing with yourself here.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not understanding how emissions got involved in the discussion. You're arguing with yourself here.
I'm saying the EV industry is being pushed by an environmental push now, but that won't sustain itself. This will eventually be movement that can't be sustained. Hence me saying to be careful in investing.

Genghis Khan

That's true, but I wouldn't buy one for the environment, that's silly and self defeating.

Cotton

Staff member
That's true, but I wouldn't buy one for the environment, that's silly and self defeating.
Then why buy one? Refueling them alone is a pain in the ass in this infrastructure. Plus the batteries are ridiculously expensive to replace. I don't understand this. Please help me understand how this is a good idea.

Genghis Khan

Then why buy one? Refueling them alone is a pain in the ass in this infrastructure. Plus the batteries are ridiculously expensive to replace. I don't understand this. Please help me understand how this is a good idea.

Cause I like the car? It's no more complicated than that. I'd dispute that refueling them is a pain also.

The batteries are definitely ridiculously expensive to replace, that's true.

Cotton

Staff member
Cause I like the car? It's no more complicated than that.
Fair enough. You do you. But, a BMW or Lexus does the same stuff a Tesla can do mechanically.

I'd dispute that refueling them is a pain also.
There is 15% capacity for fueling EVs in this country right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate to use words like savior, but if he pulls off this acquisition, he very well may be America's.

Oh, and I don't agree with like half of his politics. But, he is doing the right thing.
I love you like a brother, but dude...there is no savior for America because nobody has a central vision.

There is always going to be a profit angle that pulls things one way or another.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cause I like the car? It's no more complicated than that. I'd dispute that refueling them is a pain also.

The batteries are definitely ridiculously expensive to replace, that's true.
I have a Challenger Scat Pack that takes only premium fuel. But I won't hate on a Tesla either. At some point it's really just about cost and if the price to fuel one becomes cheaper than the other (plus all other costs associated) I could see getting one. I wouldn't do it to save the environment. I'd do it because it makes sense.

But I'll probably wait a little longer until the parts and technology get ironed out a little more. I like driving so the self driving stuff just freaks me out at this point. But someday who knows.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I have a Challenger Scat Pack that takes only premium fuel. But I won't hate on a Tesla either. At some point it's really just about cost and if the price to fuel one becomes cheaper than the other (plus all other costs associated) I could see getting one. I wouldn't do it to save the environment. I'd do it because it makes sense.

But I'll probably wait a little longer until the parts and technology get ironed out a little more. I like driving so the self driving stuff just freaks me out at this point. But someday who knows.
The Cybertruck looks to be an amazing vehicle. He quad motors has a 0-60 in under 2 seconds. Also, a 14,000 towing capacity. Combine this with self driving and the looks…I’m in. Honestly, I ordered 2 of them for business purposes. I’m curious of how this gaudy sumbich will look fully wrapped in our business logos. It is so ugly that it stands out. Parades, trade shows and just generally driving down the road. It is an experiment that I’m excited about.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Cybertruck looks to be an amazing vehicle. He quad motors has a 0-60 in under 2 seconds. Also, a 14,000 towing capacity. Combine this with self driving and the looks…I’m in. Honestly, I ordered 2 of them for business purposes. I’m curious of how this gaudy sumbich will look fully wrapped in our business logos. It is so ugly that it stands out. Parades, trade shows and just generally driving down the road. It is an experiment that I’m excited about.
Wait, what?

The Koenigsegg Gemera is the world's quickest production car that hits the 0-60 mph mark within 1.9 seconds.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Wait, what?

The Koenigsegg Gemera is the world's quickest production car that hits the 0-60 mph mark within 1.9 seconds.
You read it correctly, pal. The Cybertruck is not in production yet but it will be.

Other Tesla cars already go 0-60 in 2ish seconds.

This is part of why I do not think it is stupid to buy one for myself.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You read it correctly, pal. The Cybertruck is not in production yet but it will be.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see in that article where their truck would do that. Only some car they mentioned. Also, it needed the sticky track for traction to do it. And could not on normal pavement, so...

Either way, good luck to you with it. I would never buy one.

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see in that article where their truck would do that. Only some car they mentioned. Also, it needed the sticky track for traction to do it. And could not on normal pavement, so...

Either way, good luck to you with it. I would never buy one.
I just don't understand the attraction. Not enough infrastructure to support the vehicle's operation sufficiently. No environmental benefits. Other vehicles out there that can perform the same ways. I just don't get it. No judgment of Skid. Everyone can spend their money how they would like.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

How fast can the Cybertruck go 0 to 60?

Now entering a new class of strength, speed and versatility—only possible with an all-electric design. The powerful drivetrain and low center of gravity provides extraordinary traction control and torque—enabling acceleration from 0-60 mph in as little as 2.9 seconds and up to 500 miles of range.

Cybertruck | Tesla
https://www.tesla.com › cybertruck

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
UP TO FIVE HUNDRED MILES OF RANGE?!?

Well, holy shit. Sign me up. I could almost go and see my daughters in Missoula.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
"Up to"

Cotton

Staff member
With most EV charging stations taking up to an hour to charge to full, it makes no sense. Those are level 2 chargers and most common, but level 1 takes 24 hours to charge.

Level 3 are the only stations that can charge in less than 20 minutes, and they aren't even compatible with all EVs.

Can you imagine every 300 miles having to sit for an hour? Makes zero sense.

Top Bottom