Election Chatter Thread...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
and that's when Biden made the idiotic comment about Antifa being more of an idea than an organization.
so an "idea" is beating people up and burning down buildings. swell.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I have to say, Trumps last comment is strange.

Why would he say "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by...."?
This has been overly scrutinized by leftists trying find a gotcha on Trump.

He's not saying anything different than conservatives have been saying for months now.

Citizens enter into covenants with their government.

One of which is that the government will through taxes keep people safe (police, national guard, etc.) so that citizens don't feel the need to constantly defend their life, liberty and property as if it was the wild west.

When that breaks down, when the covenant is broken, a citizen has two choices. Be a victim, or defend your life, liberty and property.

So when the government lets rioting and looting persist without honoring its end of the covenant...as Trump said at the end of that quote, eventually somebody has to do something.

It seems to be more a point about the left wanting people to just bend over and take it, which is anathema to the purpose of government.

In other words, Trump is endorsing defending yourself (and each other, which is an important point), as he should.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He's not saying anything different than conservatives have been saying for months now.

One of which is that the government will through taxes keep people safe (police, national guard, etc.) so that citizens don't feel the need to constantly defend their life, liberty and property as if it was the wild west.

When that breaks down, when the covenant is broken, a citizen has two choices. Be a victim, or defend your life, liberty and property.

So when the government lets rioting and looting persist without honoring its end of the covenant...as Trump said at the end of that quote, eventually somebody has to do something.

It seems to be more a point about the left wanting people to just bend over and take it, which is anathema to the purpose of government.

In other words, Trump is endorsing defending yourself (and each other, which is an important point), as he should.
That is you putting words in his mouth.

If he were that articulate, I might agree.

But he is playing a game right now.

Genghis Khan

That is you putting words in his mouth.

If he were that articulate, I might agree.

But he is playing a game right now.

You're exactly right, I was projecting my own thoughts.

Luckily, he clarified what he meant which was a better and simpler explanation than what i offered.

Genghis Khan

It's past time we need to defund NPR, it's ridiculous our tax dollars are behind this

Racial sensitivity training is COMPLETELY racist. Against all races.

It presupposes racism where there is none, and it presupposes that minorities need to be pandered to before they can function effectively in society.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he did, he didn't press him on it. I don't remember him asking him about it. I'm pretty sure Trump did, though, and that's when Biden made the idiotic comment about Antifa being more of an idea than an organization.
I thought he did which is when Biden refused and called Antifa an idea and not a group. Might not have been the exact question but close enough.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

well said, thx

I've never really heard much about the Proud Boys and it sounded like he was repeating their mantra but it appears he was just riffing and now the Proud Boys have added Trumps words to their logo (unless the story I read was BS which given the times very well could have been)

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I think he misspoke in an attempt to repeat what Wallace was saying, to tell them to stand down. In context that’s the only sentiment that makes sense.
I think so too, this clip in the link you posted makes that point as well

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You're exactly right, I was projecting my own thoughts.

Luckily, he clarified what he meant which was a better and simpler explanation than what i offered.

Guess what the media ticker read this morning about his remarks.

Just guess.

"President Trump walks back his remark about the Proud Boys."

They just can't help themselves. Every single second they are awake they are in Get Trump mode.

Top Bottom