Election Chatter Thread...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
even if Pence "won," it won't help Trump all that much. most voters have mind up their minds about him already.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
even if Pence "won," it won't help Trump all that much. most voters have mind up their minds about him already.
I think Pence easily won. I wish he could teach Trump how to debate like that. Pence would kill Biden in a debate. Unfortunately we are left with Trump vs Biden. Which is like a grade school recess argument. At the end of their debate you're left scratching your head wondering what either guy will do.

Personally I just don't want Biden to destroy our economy and I have no doubt that our economy will feel even worse than it did under Obama. Scares the hell out of me. I don't want to go back to those days. It hurts my business and my livlihood too much. But if he wins, I'll buckle down survive 4 years and hope the next guy fixes it.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I think Pence easily won. I wish he could teach Trump how to debate like that. Pence would kill Biden in a debate. Unfortunately we are left with Trump vs Biden. Which is like a grade school recess argument. At the end of their debate you're left scratching your head wondering what either guy will do.

Personally I just don't want Biden to destroy our economy and I have no doubt that our economy will feel even worse than it did under Obama. Scares the hell out of me. I don't want to go back to those days. It hurts my business and my livlihood too much. But if he wins, I'll buckle down survive 4 years and hope the next guy fixes it.
what do you do and how have you been effected by each administration?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
what do you do and how have you been effected by each administration?
I do a lot of criminal defense and family law work. When the economy is good I can get thousands up front from clients. When the economy blows no one has a job and wants to make payments over time that they never pay. It's not that the clients change but if they don't have the money then I have to take stuff cheaper and often take on more clients to make up the difference.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I do a lot of criminal defense and family law work. When the economy is good I can get thousands up front from clients. When the economy blows no one has a job and wants to make payments over time that they never pay. It's not that the clients change but if they don't have the money then I have to take stuff cheaper and often take on more clients to make up the difference.
I'm in construction so when the politicians decided to have the government guarantee mortgages, it caused prices to go up and building to boom and then because they guaranteed all the loans many people who shouldn't have gotten them in the first place defaulted, which caused the crash so the gov contributed to both

I'd prefer the gov stay out and the economy grow at a more natural pace not overly leveraged but I abhor debt. Apparently Im an outlier

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It
I'm in construction so when the politicians decided to have the government guarantee mortgages, it caused prices to go up and building to boom and then because they guaranteed all the loans many people who shouldn't have gotten them in the first place defaulted, which caused the crashed so the gov contributed to both

I'd prefer the gov stay out and the economy grow at a more natural pace not overly leveraged but I abhor debt. Apparently Im an outlier
agree. Every time government intervenes in the supply and demand aspects of the economy it forces an artificial factor into the mix and the true picture doesn’t show up.. There are times for intravention but constant inducements actually skew the real picture and can cause businesses to make decisions that can be harmful to them at a point in time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It

agree. Every time government intervenes in the supply and demand aspects of the economy it forces an artificial factor into the mix and the true picture doesn’t show up.. There are times for intravention but constant inducements actually skew the real picture and can cause businesses to make decisions that can be harmful to them at a point in time.
Yep, I've always wanted as little taxes and regulations as possible. Let businesses and the economy thrive. Government is like a lead weight that holds everything down.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

There shouldn't be a committee that gets to decide shit like this. We should have a set schedule in place and stick to it. They shouldn't get to say a debate has to be virtual or be able to outright cancel it. Too much room for bias in a setup like this.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

There shouldn't be a committee that gets to decide shit like this. We should have a set schedule in place and stick to it. They shouldn't get to say a debate has to be virtual or be able to outright cancel it. Too much room for bias in a setup like this.

When one of the moderators is tweeting hate against one of the candidates and used to intern for the other candidate, it's obvious the whole thing is broken.

Cotton

Staff member
When one of the moderators is tweeting hate against one of the candidates and used to intern for the other candidate, it's obvious the whole thing is broken.
It is going to take war, and most likely a civil war to ever fix this.

Genghis Khan

It is going to take war, and most likely a civil war to ever fix this.
I'm not convinced of that. Hopefully not.

We need cooler heads to prevail and people that are willing to lose and not think the world is going to end because of it.

We need people to believe in America and not think it's irrevocably broken.

And I think most people actually do feel like that.

Genghis Khan

Just to piggyback on my own comment for a second, we put way too much in the hands of journalists. That's one of the main problems right now. There used to be a time when they could be trusted, but not anymore.

Cotton

Staff member
We need cooler heads to prevail and people that are willing to lose and not think the world is going to end because of it.
You mean like the conservatives did for 8 years of the Obama mess? You mean like the liberals have proven over and over they just flat can't over the last 4 years?

Genghis Khan

Cotton

Staff member
This is a poll of just random real people with no outside influence of who gets chosen to participate, etc, and it has Trump winning 61-38.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
This is a poll of just random real people with no outside influence of who gets chosen to participate, etc, and it has Trump winning 61-38.

what does "Trump for leftists reasons" mean?

PS.. who is this guy making the poll?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Looking at who I follow that follows the guy making that poll makes me feel like it might be a pretty good poll to indicate which way people might vote. Reason I say this is that a large number of the folks that follow him are decidedly anti-Trump which is good as the poll is less likely to be an echo-chamber. Granted, its a small sample size but whomever this is doesnt come across as being in one camp or the other which would bias the poll imo

Top Bottom