Election Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Didn't watch a second of it. Is there someone who's seriously undecided at this point?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Did Biden seriously bring up Proud Boys like they were some sort of moral equivalent to Antifa?

Cotton

Staff member

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I missed that, was that during the debate?

My girlfriend had a nice little discussion over Rittenhouse.

She mentioned him with disgust and I said I was on his side and she was shocked and started peeling off the BS about him going vigilante on everyone and I said:

Whoa! Where'd you hear that?

Have you seen the video?

He was the one being attacked!

To her credit, she did an about face when faced with the evidence and my reasons for thinking he shouldn't go to jail.

The problem is she is like so many people that merely read an inflammatory headline, meme, etc that feeds into their preconceived ideas and then ignore everything else.

IMHO, Its lazy and quite honestly I think this mindset puts our entire country at peril, people need to get off their asses, set aside their emotions and think deeper, question everything and do their own fact checking before immediately embracing a claim, regardless of where it comes from

Cotton

Staff member
I missed that, was that during the debate?

My girlfriend had a nice little discussion over Rittenhouse.

She mentioned him with disgust and I said I was on his side and she was shocked and started peeling off the BS about him going vigilante on everyone and I said:

Whoa! Where'd you hear that?

Have you seen the video?

He was the one being attacked!

To her credit, she did an about face when faced with the evidence and my reasons for thinking he shouldn't go to jail.

The problem is she is like so many people that merely read an inflammatory headline, meme, etc that feeds into their preconceived ideas and then ignore everything else.

IMHO, Its lazy and quite honestly I think this mindset puts our entire country at peril, people need to get off their asses, set aside their emotions and think deeper, question everything and do their own fact checking before immediately embracing a claim, regardless of where it comes from

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:lol:lol

Top Bottom