Election Chatter Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
there's only one side inciting people and causing them to grab a bunch of guns and drive off somewhere like they're on a Special Ops mission.

What world have you been living on the past 6 months?

And like I said, Trump won 2016 extremely narrowly, did the Democrats bitch and moan about a stolen election, fraud, and so forth?
What world have you been living on the past 4 years?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Look guys, Trump was claiming fraud in 2016 when he thought he was going to lose then dropped it when he won, aside from the nonsense he floated for about a month when he tried to claim that he actually won the popular vote.

So let's run through this, he claimed fraud in 2016 then dropped it immediately once he won, then a few months ago he started floating claims of fraud yet again and how he'd only lose if it were stolen.

Now that he's down he's trumpeting the same stuff, but of course only about the handful of states that he's losing narrowly in.

So he's had 4 years to do something about it, doesn't do anything, only starts mentioning it as an election nears and/or when it looks like he's losing, so what's most likely here?

That his multiple claims of fraud are actually happening with seemingly no real evidence 4 years apart (and seemingly for the first time in American history, at least provably), or he just uses it as a crutch/excuse to never back down/accept a loss, which everybody knows is his M.O.?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What world have you been living on the past 6 months?

What world have you been living on the past 4 years?
The entire American intelligence apparatus concluded that Russia meddled in the election and mostly with the intent of helping Trump, that's nowhere near the same thing as the Democrats claiming literal voter fraud with fake ballots, votes from dead people, counters changing votes, etc., which never happened obviously, and is what Trump is doing now.

And if you think protesters destroying gas stations or whatever after the police unnecessarily kill someone is anywhere near people loading up guns to take to a restaurant because they were dragged in to some bottomless pit of an online conspiracy with basically 0 truth to it that claims Democrats are pedophiles and JFK Jr. is alive and working in tandem with Trump to bring down a cabal, then we'll never agree and can just stop talking now.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The entire American intelligence apparatus concluded that Russia meddled in the election and mostly with the intent of helping Trump, that's nowhere near the same thing as the Democrats claiming literal voter fraud with fake ballots, votes from dead people, counters changing votes, etc., which never happened obviously, and is what Trump is doing now.

And if you think protesters destroying gas stations or whatever after the police unnecessarily kill someone is anywhere near people loading up guns to take to a restaurant because they were dragged in to some bottomless pit of an online conspiracy with basically 0 truth to it that claims Democrats are pedophiles and JFK Jr. is alive and working in tandem with Trump to bring down a cabal, then we'll never agree and can just stop talking now.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don’t understand how, when Biden declares only those making >400k a year will pay more taxes (bullshit)... why do celebrities and atheists foam at the mouth in support of him.

even Californians - where 400k a year is probably close to making 150k a year in the South East. They bleed blue.
Same here.

But I think a lot of those Cali elites are so rich they don't even care if their taxes go up, and/or they can afford great accountants to find the loopholes.

And IMO a massive reason for Blue support is they see it as the educated, sophisticated party and the Red party as the dumb redneck hick one. These people care much more about how they're perceived at cocktail parties than the actual policies involved.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What the fuck are you talking about?
What are you talking about?

Can you explain to me exactly how Democrats ever accused Republicans of voter fraud, changing votes, fake ballots, etc.?

I assumed you were referring to Democrats claiming Russia meddled in the election and equating that to what's going on right now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And IMO a massive reason for Blue support is they see it as the educated, sophisticated party and the Red party as the dumb redneck hick one. These people care much more about how they're perceived at cocktail parties than the actual policies involved.
This is dead on their biggest motivation. The left shame people into agreeing with them, and how they are treated at parties, or even if they are invited at all plays a big role in that shaming.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
It seems awfully fishy to me. Listen, I'm not big on conspiracies, but this whole thing has been awfully head scratching.
i think the volume, time and speed with which the mail-in ballots were counted in certain states gave the illusion of impropriety. IIRC, you were calmly telling all of us to relax when Biden shot to a big lead in Tx which IIRC, was due to a mass of Democrat dominated early and mail-in votes and Trump came back and won. Had the votes been counted as fast in penn, etc, it would have appeared Trump came roaring back but fell short

I’m not buying the claims of fraud, Trump lost, and we need to move on unless indisputable, ironclad evidence can be brought forward ASAP to prove fraud

Cotton

Staff member
What are you talking about?

Can you explain to me exactly how Democrats ever accused Republicans of voter fraud, changing votes, fake ballots, etc.?

I assumed you were referring to Democrats claiming Russia meddled in the election and equating that to what's going on right now.
Dude, they claimed for 4 FUCKING YEARS that Trump colluded with Russia to sway the election. Don't give me that bullshit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dude, they claimed for 4 FUCKING YEARS that Trump colluded with Russia to sway the election. Don't give me that bullshit.
The entire intelligence community concluded that Russia meddled in the election, that's a provable fact, and there were multiple interactions between either members of the Trump campaign or people closely tied to Trump and those who represented Russian interests.

Is that not something worth looking into?

The special prosecutor investigated, issued a report, and the world went on.

My point is that if they think fraud occurred, take it to the courts, let it play out, and then whichever way it goes, move on.

Oh, and "they" never tried to overturn the results of an election, the absolute best case scenario for them would've been removing Trump and Pence taking over. This is not that, Trump is trying to completely invalidate the election and swing it from one party to the other.

Cotton

Staff member
The entire intelligence community concluded that Russia meddled in the election, that's a provable fact, and there were multiple interactions between either members of the Trump campaign or people closely tied to Trump and those who represented Russian interests.

Is that not something worth looking into?

The special prosecutor investigated, issued a report, and the world went on.

My point is that if they think fraud occurred, take it to the courts, let it play out, and then whichever way it goes, move on.
So, you get to pick and choose what it worth looking into and what is not?

And, I'm with you. Let the investigation happen. If there is nothing to hide then neither side should object. Once the investigation is complete, and if no fraud is found, then Joe Biden will be my president, and I will respect that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Like I was saying last night, I'm sure Trump will lose these battles and Biden will be President. Like 99.9% sure.

But I do hope Trump goes nuclear in challenging these things legally, because it's the only way the fraud that is occurring will be exposed and can possibly be cleaned up.

And both sides should want that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So, you get to pick and choose what it worth looking into and what is not?

And, I'm with you. Let the investigation happen. If there is nothing to hide then neither side should object. Once the investigation is complete, and if no fraud is found, then Joe Biden will be my president, and I will respect that.
What am I choosing?

I said go investigate it if you want, but let's not pretend like this is the same thing.

Hillary conceded basically the night of, didn't automatically come out claiming this and that was stolen, fraud, etc. Tidbits of information came out regarding Russian meddling over weeks and months, and it's clearly provable fact that they did meddle to a degree according to our intelligence apparatus, and then it went from there.

This is just Trump proactively and immediately claiming everything under the sun with basically nothing to back it up and refusing to concede on it's face.

Not really the same thing.

Cotton

Staff member
Like I was saying last night, I'm sure Trump will lose these battles and Biden will be President. Like 99.9% sure.

But I do hope Trump goes nuclear in challenging these things legally, because it's the only way the fraud that is occurring will be exposed and can possibly be cleaned up.

And both sides should want that.
Exactly. Even the winning side should want voter fraud exposed and cleaned up. You would think at least.

Top Bottom