Election Chatter Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
There may be a miniscule amount of questionable ballots, like there is in every election, but nowhere near the wide spread rampant fraud the right is touting.
I don't think it's widespread either. But it only has to happen in a few places to make a difference.

Also, I'm curious how you know it's "miniscule"?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
After what happened with Merrick Garland and for them to turn around and cram Amy Comey Barrett into a SC justice position, I'm perfectly fine with them backdooring Kamala Harris into the POTUS position.

All gloves are off at this point. Add those extra justices to the SC, Joe!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
After what happened with Merrick Garland and for them to turn around and cram Amy Comey Barrett into a SC justice position, I'm perfectly fine with them backdooring Kamala Harris into the POTUS position.

Since we're having a nice friendly discussion here... Why did Garland upset you so much? They didn't have the votes for him.

Do you really think the Dems wouldn't have "crammed" a vote if they'd held the Presidency and the Senate in the exact same situation?

Also, I'm curious what you are winning (just beyond Team Blue) by packing the court.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, let me get this straight. Trump had a 750k lead in PA and they slowly whittled it away by finding votes, but they still wouldn't call it even when he still had a 125k lead just fucking yesterday. Biden finally goes up by only 6 THOUSAND votes and they call it for him? Man, you can gtfo with that shit. This whole fucking thing is a scam.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's a slippery slope where people start to put the country and it's foundational principles second in favor of seeking out information that reinforces the reality they prefer, and then allowing that reality to calcify and dictate how they view everything.
:lol Only one side does this, right?

midswat

... soon
I don’t understand how, when Biden declares only those making >400k a year will pay more taxes (bullshit)... why do celebrities and atheists foam at the mouth in support of him.

even Californians - where 400k a year is probably close to making 150k a year in the South East. They bleed blue.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Since we're having a nice friendly discussion here... Why did Garland upset you so much? They didn't have the votes for him.

Do you really think the Dems wouldn't have "crammed" a vote if they'd held the Presidency and the Senate in the exact same situation?

Also, I'm curious what you are winning just beyond Team Blue by packing the court.
The fact that the Senate refused to even vote on a guy who was nominated roughly 10-months prior to the election is what upset me.

I'm not sure the if the Dems have been in a position like Trump and the GOP were in but if this were pre-2016 I'd so no they wouldn't have crammed a justice into the supreme court at the last minute.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm not sure the if the Dems have been in a position like Trump and the GOP were in but if this were pre-2016 I'd so no they wouldn't have crammed a justice into the supreme court at the last minute.
:lol Okay.

May I ask what basis you have for that opinion?

1bigfan13

Staff member
So, let me get this straight. Trump had a 750k lead in PA and they slowly whittled it away by finding votes, but they still wouldn't call it even when he still had a 125k lead just fucking yesterday. Biden finally goes up by only 6 THOUSAND votes and they call it for him? Man, you can gtfo with that shit. This whole fucking thing is a scam.
It's simple math, amigo.

If he were leading by 750K and there were still 3 or 4 million votes out there, that's how your lead dwindles.

If Biden's up 6,000 and there are only about 5,000 votes left to be counted, that's the how they can call it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
:lol Only one side does this, right?
Not necessarily but there's only one side inciting people and causing them to grab a bunch of guns and drive off somewhere like they're on a Special Ops mission.

And like I said, Trump won 2016 extremely narrowly, did the Democrats bitch and moan about a stolen election, fraud, and so forth?

Nope, and sure as shit not from the President himself.

Cotton

Staff member
It's simple math, amigo.

If he were leading by 750K and there were still 3 or 4 million votes out there, that's how your lead dwindles.

If Biden's up 6,000 and there are only about 9,000 votes left to be counted, that's the how they can call it.
It seems awfully fishy to me. Listen, I'm not big on conspiracies, but this whole thing has been awfully head scratching.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The vast majority of the votes were mail-in, which heavily skewed Biden, and then from the major cities, which again heavily leaned Biden. The same thing happened in Wisconsin in 2016, Trump was up huge, Milwaukee was mostly outstanding, and Biden almost came all the way back but the turnout wasn't as high.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not necessarily but there's only one side inciting people and causing them to grab a bunch of guns and drive off somewhere like they're on a Special Ops mission.

And like I said, Trump won 2016 extremely narrowly, did the Democrats bitch and moan about a stolen election, fraud, and so forth?

Nope, and sure as shit not from the President himself.
So when not some randos on Twitter but a congresswoman says, "Let this radicalize you"... or when Dems refuse to condemn the rioting in cities... That's only one side?

And I for one don't think Trump should have said some of the things he said, either. He obviously says a lot of dumb, unpresidential things.

Also, Trump's win wasn't nearly this narrow, either.

Finally, don't forget the Dems had literally hundreds of lawyers hired before the election, and Hilary told Joe not to concede under any cirumstance. So you don't think they were going to fight a close election?

Cotton

Staff member
The vast majority of the votes were mail-in, which heavily skewed Biden, and then from the major cities, which again heavily leaned Biden. The same thing happened in Wisconsin in 2016, Trump was up huge, Milwaukee was mostly outstanding, and Biden almost came all the way back but the turnout wasn't as high.
Then explain to me why it took this long to only count votes in battleground states? Not one fucking single other state had this issue except these few. Did other states not have as many mail in ballots? Just seems really funny to me that only the states that mattered the most had these issues.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Holy fuck. Never dreamed I’d see shit like this from you.

Top Bottom