Election Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fine with it as long as it is within the state guidelines. Georgia always does recounts and run offs.
And, truly, I hope there was no fraud. If fraud is found nobody is ever going to have faith in the elections ever again, and shit could very well get ugly.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
A more important point than squabbling over the vote counts is that this country needs to collectively chill.

Biden by nature throughout his career has tried to be conciliatory, he's already made it one of the main themes of his campaign (not a Democrat President or Republican President, an American President, etc.), and the right needs to relax and not demonize him for the next 4 years, especially when the vast majority of them (McConnell, etc.) have spent the majority of their careers working with him both in Congress and as VP.

Conversely, I don't want to hear the left claiming that some generic Republican running in 2024 (Rubio, Cruz, whoever) is the reincarnation of Hitler, etc.

The media plays a huge role in this, sadly, but people need to also take it on themselves to stay more level-headed and turn down the temperature.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess this means we’re not in a let’s wait and see and bring actual proof mood...
will there be a “I didn’t vote for him, but he’s president and we all have to support him” moment?
You are off track. My comment was about people using disparaging remarks just to blow off steam that have no basis for doing so. The remarks are misplaced without a basis for making them.

Cotton

Staff member
A more important point than squabbling over the vote counts is that this country needs to collectively chill.

Biden by nature throughout his career has tried to be conciliatory, he's already made it one of the main themes of his campaign (not a Democrat President or Republican President, an American President, etc.), and the right needs to relax and not demonize him for the next 4 years, especially when the vast majority of them (McConnell, etc.) have spent the majority of their careers working with him both in Congress and as VP.

Conversely, I don't want to hear the left claiming that some generic Republican running in 2024 (Rubio, Cruz, whoever) is the reincarnation of Hitler, etc.

The media plays a huge role in this, sadly, but people need to also take it on themselves to stay more level-headed and turn down the temperature.
I agree, and this should have happened 4 years ago.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
@yimyammer I think you were asking for this the other day?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Trump making a comeback in Arizona despite a large Biden lead, just like what happened in Pennsylvania, Georgia, etc., I don't think it's due to fraud either way.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
What are you talking about?

Can you explain to me exactly how Democrats ever accused Republicans of voter fraud, changing votes, fake ballots, etc.?

I assumed you were referring to Democrats claiming Russia meddled in the election and equating that to what's going on right now.
They accused Trump of being a Russian operative. They funded a dossier and the FBI lies to the courts about its validity, long enough to obtain 3 FISA renewals. They took the country into a 3 year investigation and the best they could do is come up with process crimes that had nothing to do with collusion(Roger Stone), and Paul Manafort selling data to collect on money he felt some Russian firm owed him, he was also fired as soon as that shit was discovered by the trump campaign.

Let’s be real here. The democrats never, to this day, accepted that Trump won in 2016.

Now we’ll see over the coming weeks or months if there is any validity to the Trump campaigns claims, which extend further than fraud on its face.

This has everything to do with voting norms. Votes received after the deadline are in question. Courts have already stated that votes that don’t have proper ID verification or weren’t properly postmarked, those will be set aside and not counted.

Does anything come of it? I don’t know, but that’s what the courts are for.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The entire intelligence community concluded that Russia meddled in the election, that's a provable fact, and there were multiple interactions between either members of the Trump campaign or people closely tied to Trump and those who represented Russian interests.
They put out facebook memes for both sides...
:jerk

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The entire intelligence community concluded that Russia meddled in the election, that's a provable fact, and there were multiple interactions between either members of the Trump campaign or people closely tied to Trump and those who represented Russian interests.

Is that not something worth looking into?

The special prosecutor investigated, issued a report, and the world went on.

My point is that if they think fraud occurred, take it to the courts, let it play out, and then whichever way it goes, move on.

Oh, and "they" never tried to overturn the results of an election, the absolute best case scenario for them would've been removing Trump and Pence taking over. This is not that, Trump is trying to completely invalidate the election and swing it from one party to the other.
Findings that Russia meddled in an election, which they have done many times is not the same as Trump and his campaign group colluded with them. This issue has been investigated and there was zero indictments against any party except Russians who were indicted.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Findings that Russia meddled in an election, which they have done many times is not the same as Trump and his campaign group colluded with them. This issue has been investigated and there was zero indictments against any party except Russians who were indicted.
Yea, and like I said, take this voter fraud stuff to court if you'd like.

My point is that Hillary wasn't out there at 3 AM after election night claiming the election was stolen because of Russian meddling, refusing to concede because of it, etc. The information came out later and there was an investigation months after the election. It wasn't a pre-conceived plan that Hillary had been hinting at for months.

In this case Trump is just throwing stuff out there that he's floated for months and years as soon as he got down with seemingly no basis whatsoever.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Strange how this is now being said across the country. But it sure as hell wasn’t the last 4 years.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Strange how this is now being said across the country. But it sure as hell wasn’t the last 4 years.
I don't want to go down this rabbit hole but if you can't see how difficult cooperation is under a President like Trump, well, ok then.

Cotton

Staff member
Top Bottom